1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Bugless Beast not so Bugless.

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by Lurkingfear, Aug 7, 2010.

1. Lurkingfear

Lurkingfear New Member

So i've been using Bugless beast for a long time now, i was using V1.1 and noticed that when i used my camera a lot, it would cause my phone to restart on its own. Well, i upgrade to V0.4 and now it restarts on its own just randomly when im using it AND it switches from 3G to 1x ALL the time, and im in a constant 3g area with no problems. Sooo any idea's? every time i upgraded i cleared cache / wiped. clean install. Dont really know what else to do besides try a rom thats not a bugless beast version to see if that fixes it? for awhile i had Stock 2.1 rooted and it didnt have any problems.
  2. kenbarnum

kenbarnum New Member

I don't really understand how it can be but I see a lot of people on these forums saying that not all droids act the same...Maybe your phone just doesn't like BB.
    I had zero issues.
    Try sapphire or CM or UD and see if they work better.
    Then come back when you're ready.
  3. Apollo

Apollo New Member

Or, here's a suggestion:
    Make your own rom. That's right, you can do it. Make the best one on the forums. and then sit back and collect your fortune. And trust me, you're gonna make a lot of money.. The members of this forum donate generously. They will never complain about the minor flaws in your rom, because it's perfect.. Yep.. Looking forward to your release, Sir. Keep me posted.
  4. faf1998

faf1998 New Member

Story of my life. This has killed my battery. I haven't been able to find any good answers in the forum to this problem. Either way, I think I'm gonna stick with 4 until 5 comes out try it. If not any better, I'm going De-Oxed 2.2 with the official release build.
  5. BayouFlyFisher

BayouFlyFisher Rescue Squad

I would suggest a reinstall. Do multiple wipes first. It just sounds like you got a bad install.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  6. faf1998

faf1998 New Member

I'm on my 3rd install....I have seen zero improvement.
  7. Lurkingfear

Lurkingfear New Member

Apollo - thanks for the pointless reply, jackass. I'm not bashing BB as i've never used anything else. Just wanted to know if the minor flaws that sometimes get annoying can be fixed. I'll try a fresh install and see if that helps!
  8. kepley

kepley New Member

I don't think BB even messes with the phone's reception quality..
  9. jxker

jxker New Member

you can try updating the baseband , seemed to help my 3g as i am in a weak area....but even the stock roms that come with the phone have minor issues....i have tried quite a few roms before settling on this one...like someone else said, try a few of them if you cant get this one sorted, and even if you do get this one sorted, try a few others so you know what's out theredancedroid
  10. DrJay

DrJay New Member

If you're sure of your rom install I would try using setcpu to turn down the processor to see if the overclock is your problem. As anyone who has ever messed with OCing knows, some OC'd processors can do really weird things._IMHO

PS your random reboots are a clue. :greendroid:
  11. ogDroid

ogDroid New Member

I've never had one problem with bb, not one f/c or issue whatsoever. Wipe data/cache 2-3 times and install manually (download file to pc, place on sd, install via clockwork or sprecovery).
  12. Hogmeister

Hogmeister New Member

i'd say try giving a different kernel a shot, since its not a problem w/ bugless that everyone has it sounds to me like its phone specific and i'd say your phone might not handle the standard kernel thats put in with bugless.

also, try updating your baseband (i believe you'll need to reactive your phone, which is painless, just wanted to point it out) see if that helps your 3g/1x problem.

not saying any of these will fix either or any of your problems, just things to try. i'd seriously suspect your kernel is causing problems, put in one of chevy's his seem to be quite stable on a ton of droids. also use setcpu instead of running pete's script.
  13. burton6431

burton6431 New Member

overclock to 1.25ghz and leave itlike that all day, let the cpu hit 140 degrees and **** *****s!!!
  14. Apollo

Apollo New Member

Whoa whoa whoa Mr.LurkingFear, I was just offering some advice of my own. I admit, I was a little sarcastic. But wtf man? Namecalling? Really? That's cool. You know what separates us?.. Fear.. I'm not scared of doing my own research and solving my own problems. Solutions to all of your problems can be found in these forums.

1. Upgrade baseband to C_01.43.01P
    2. Try different Kernels (Recommended: P3Droids 125/1.2LV)
    3. Try underclocking said kernels with SetCPU
    4. Humble yourself, son.

I want to try to help you, man. Just chill.
  15. huskerkate

huskerkate Premium Member Premium Member

this is useless. i can understand this type of response being directed at all those jerkoffs complaining about how long they've been waiting for BB v0.5 to come out, and actually have the cojones to criticize p3 for not working on it faster. in fact, i would applaud such a response.

but in this case, someone is having a connectivity problem, and is looking for a solution. that is EXACTLY what this forum is for. he's not criticizing your beloved BB, your momma, or anything else - save the vitriol for those who deserve it.

16. huskerkate

did you upgrade to the latest baseband?? C_01.43.01P.

17. Apollo

Apollo New Member

I admit, I was wrong for such a response. I was frustrated about other things and took my frustration out on this innocent soul. I honestly believe part of my frustration stems BBv0.5 complaints. So, there you have it, I admit I was wrong and I Apollogize.
  18. huskerkate

no prob. ( i like the wordplay, btw - Apollogize - nice! :) ) i understand the frustration. the same thing is happening with LithMod. JRum is on a cruise, and everyone is complaining that he hasn't fixed a cosmetic issue with the slider.... what the.....?!

19. Mbk

Mbk Android For Life Theme Developer Premium Member

Takes a big man to admit they're wrong about something //// kudos...:clap:
  20. GeLopez

GeLopez New Member

I'm afraid the OP has left the building, nice apologie.
Search tags for this page

bb kepley 3g