Bugless Beast issues marketplace & android keyboard

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by B.Eggy, Aug 4, 2011.

1. B.Eggy

B.Eggy New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi everybody first time poster here, I am having a few problems with my
    Motorola Droid 1st Gen. I recently flashed to Pete Alfonsos Bugless beast 0.6.2.1
    Which at first was amazing. To root I used super one click, crossed my fingers, and
    Needless to say it took all of about a minute to perform. After performing SOC, I backed
    Up everything using Titanium Backup Free, this took a while but went pretty smooth.
    I then downloaded Rom Manager Free which came highly recomended. After downloading Peters bugless beast rom I had a few issues attempting to flash my new ROM. After a few failed recovery/nandroid backup/flashing attempts which had me literally crapping my pants, I realized I was still running Go Launcher, switched back to 2.2.1's native launcher and tried flashing my new ROM with Rom Manager free.

Finally it worked! Bugless beast ran great and my phone was seemless. After that I installed Ghost Commander, Juice Defender, CPU Master, and Memory Booster all for root. I clocked my CPU down to 600 as opposed to Bugless Beasts standard 800 because my phone was literally 120 degress F.

All was well for a few weeks but now once again my phone is lagging... What's worse is I keep getting a force close on the Android Native keyboard and now my marketplace will not open at all. When I try to open the droid market the screen goes white and does nothing or it force closes. I tried remotely installing via the Android Market website and this too will not work.

Any suggestions? Should I reinstall my Bugless Beast Rom? Or would a nandroid recovery work better? I was also considering finding the HTC Inspire build which I find to be a beautiful OS.

Can anyone please give me some advice or help?

2. overtwo

overtwo Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't see any mention of you wiping the data/cache before flashing your rom (which is probably why GO Laucher was still installed on your first boot). If you didn't wipe I would recommend it, then reflash BB.

I would also recommend running Froyo ROMs vs Gingerbread ROMs, but that's just a recommendation so it's up to you.

3. JSM9872

JSM9872 DF Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +287
    Current Phone Model:
    Galaxy Note 3
    Yeah defnitely sounds like you need to do a full factory reset and reinstall bugless beast. I would also recommend booting into Clockwork Mod and not using ROM Manager to do the install. Always had way better luck doing it that way. You can select the option to boot into recovery from right within ROM manager, its the second option from the top.

4. tommyg562000

tommyg562000 Member

Ratings:
    +14
    Both do the exact same thing, so any improvement in flashing performance is purely imaginary.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

5. JSM9872

Ratings:
    +287
    Current Phone Model:
    Galaxy Note 3
    True, just my preference. And I never actually commented on it being more efficient or better, just that I recommended it. I prefer to be in the driver seat when flashing anything. It is helpful especially when flashing ROMs that require a seperate file for something such as Google apps or a "GAPPS" package.

And I dont intend on debating over this either, that would be best done in another thread which was deisgned for such a topic, this thread is to attempt to get eggy back up and running again :)

6. B.Eggy

B.Eggy New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    thank u but im stilll a bit confused

Well in rom manager the first option is "flash clockwork recovery". I had to do this before I could flash the bugless rom. So I kinda thought I was running clockwork...

And I did do the cache clear and factory default reset before I flashed bugless. I also think I cleared the delvik cache but I am not even sure what that is...

So what you're suggesting is going into recovery mode and doing a factory reset/ cache clear again? Will my original droid build load up if I do that? I am worried about bricking my phone and not too sure how to revert it to how it was before bugless.

I am pretty sure that when I used rom manager to flash it also performed a nandroid backup along with it.. but not too sure about nandroid restore either. Like I said I backed up everything with titanium backup before also.

Would you suggest reflashing bugless after a factory reset or finding that htc inspire build if I can find it. I love the touchscreen keyboard and some of that builds functionality. My gf has the inspire so I am familiar with the look. Do you think my motorola droid would handle it well?
    Thanks everyone

7. B.Eggy

B.Eggy New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i forgot to mention

I forgot in my last post.

My biggest problem is still my MARKET will not open at all no way to get new apps.

Any reason why it won't work? It did before I think the last app I got was words with friends which I am helplessly addicted to.

Will reflashing bugless fix my market? I dunno what to do.

If u wanna play some words w/ friends my handle is B.Eggy

Thanks again guys I appreciate the help and enthusiasm!

8. JSM9872

Ratings:
    +287
    Current Phone Model:
    Galaxy Note 3
    Yes you are running clockwork mod recovery. You can disregard my post about not using ROM Manager. What I was referring to was just going into recovery and doing everything manually instead of letting ROM manager do it for you.
    Not necessary, just MY preference...

The term factory reset can be misleading as it will not in fact return you to factory settings from when you bought it. It just erases all the data and apps you have put onto the phone, essentially restoring bugless to a clean slate. You will still have root and once youre finished and it boots back into bugless you should be able to log into your google account (the screen with the green android) and start downloading your apps.

If you can still access ROM Manager, go to Install ROM, navigate to where you have the bugless zip on your sd card and select it, select the options in there to wipe data, cache, and you may as well do a backup too. When its done running you should be back at the beginning and you will have to download and set up your apps again.

9. B.Eggy

B.Eggy New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you so much JSM! So when i do the factory reset it will still be bugless beast? That sounds awesome! and i do remember how to do the reset manually, so no problems and no need to flash again right? it will boot back into bugless beast once it is factory reset?
    Thanks Again!

10. JSM9872

Ratings:
    +287
    Current Phone Model:
    Galaxy Note 3
    Yes it should boot you back into bugless, you should just have to log in and proceed from there. Look at it this way, when you flash a custom rom you are replacing the OS that came with the phone with whatever you are installing, in this case bugless beast. So when you perform this reset you are resetting bugless to its unaltered state to before you started using it.

And no problem, I just hope I am helping more then hurting :)

11. B.Eggy

B.Eggy New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    No, Thank you so much. You are definitely helping, but what might you be hurting?...
    Hopefully this factory reset will fix my marketplace. any reason why the market might not be working in the first place tho? Because it worked fine up until like 5 days ago. But ive been running bugless for like three weeks to a month so i dont understand what went wrong. Im going to run titanium backup on the apps i didnt have when i first flashed bugless and then try the factory reset in recovery.

By the way there is no way that this reset could mess things up either? The first few times when it didnt work properly i was freaking out worried about bricking it. The rom managers flash recovery mode would not work properly with GOlauncher running but turning that off fixed the issue with rom manager not running the process correctly.
    After i successfully installed bugless i hadnt messed with the rom stuff much.

Anyway thank you so much hopefully this helps if i mess my phone up ill be asking you for more advice lmfao thanks again

12. JSM9872

Ratings:
    +287
    Current Phone Model:
    Galaxy Note 3
    I cant say that there is no way it could mess up anything, nothing is ever a definite, but I have done it many times without a hitch. And are you running the reset from the settings menu or the one from recovery?

EDIT: I see you said the one from recovery in your post, I missed it. And I never mind helping out when I can, never be afraid to ask.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2011
  13. B.Eggy

B.Eggy New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    the bugless has a recovery option when you hold the power button so i think ill use that and see how it goes. i get what ure saying is i actually replaced the os. Do u think i could fiind a rom for the htc inspires build?

14. JSM9872

Ratings:
    +287
    Current Phone Model:
    Galaxy Note 3
    Yeah thats perfect. Thats where I would perform the reset from if I was going to do it.

And I havent seen any HTC Sense ROMs (Inspire or otherwise) for the D1 in my travels so I would have to say no. I know at one point a dev on this site was working to try and get an older version on the D1 but he wasnt successful from what I recall.

15. B.Eggy

B.Eggy New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    true. Well maybe i can get a plugin for the htc keyboard anyway cuz its alot more responsive than 2.2.1s native. what are some other good roms you would suggest? anything with some sick aesthitic appeal??