1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Bugless Beast is not very Bugless

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by jcardona1, Feb 5, 2010.

1. jcardona1

jcardona1 New Member

hoping you guys can help me out. i'm currently running 7.4 with setCPU using profiles from what ive seen other people use here. i dont know what it is but my phone is incredibly laggy. seems a lot worse than when it was stock. i get a lot of force closes for the "Home" process, my screen freezes, all my icons go away, and it takes about 5 seconds before everything comes back up.

anybody have this sort of issue? could it be a certain app? has anybody pinpointed apps that dont work well with BB?

thx!
  2. ohiangel

ohiangel New Member

My BB was very laggy when I used the update.zip
    Once I just wiped everything and used a nandroid backup it was super fast.
    I also ran the OC of 950MHZ, but just recently boost it up too 1.1G which is even WAY faster and snappier for me.
    I am perfectly content with my work at the moment.

BUt ya for your question, my issue was updating.zip and not wiping everything.

I went from sholes > Adamz > BB without wiping and it was just laggy and becoming irritating.
  3. jasonb

jasonb New Member

i did the update.zip and all is good here. no force closes here.
  4. shademar

shademar New Member

Have you tried using setCPU to scale back the overclocking? (I think it's at 950mhz by default.) It seems like some people run smoother at 800mHz.

Other than that, I'n not sure what to suggest. My droid ran way smoother after a nandroid install than update.zip install initially, but I'm not sure if this was due to the install method or my wiping the installed apps and only reinstalling the ones I actually used.
  5. KZIWarrior

KZIWarrior Active Member

update method works fine. Have you tried running w/o any profile(s) in SetCPU and clock @ only 800, restart and see how it handles. I turned the profiles on last night and notice a bit more initial lag than previously (mainly on the unlock screen after waking the phone up). Other than that it has been near flawless.
  6. pyro6128

pyro6128 New Member

I'm newly rooted, everything went great. Got BB running, but now I'm trying to get setcpu running and its not working, I did autodetect, and clicked allow, but the screen just stays black and ends up force closing.
  7. jasonb

jasonb New Member

reboot the phone and try again
  8. natediddy1120

natediddy1120 New Member

Yeah whenever you have the Sleep profile set real low (mine was 125/125), whenever you unlock it and wake it up it lags really slow for about 5 seconds...I bumped it up to 250/250 in Sleep profile and it almost went away completely

Other than that though, I ALWAYS thought Bugless Beast was completely "bugless" for me (at least as "bugless" as it could be).....Your problems have to be coming from somewhere else...
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2010
  9. FlipCpt45

FlipCpt45 New Member

Hmm.. My phone likes to randomly go to the Droid eye startup screen.. Happens at startup too..

Phone goes to unlock screen for a sec then goes to the start up animation about twice.. then all is normal..

At first I did the update.zip.. Then i read about the startup loop problem people were having.. They were told to do a fresh install using Nandroid.. So I did, and for a little it was normal... Now its doing the same thing..
  10. jasonb

jasonb New Member

interesting issues.
  11. cpjr

cpjr New Member

I was having alot of force closes and laggy performance with the update.zip method....sooooo.....I just did a data/cache wipe and all is good. Hmmm.....
  12. FreddyChevy

FreddyChevy New Member

Ok I rooted to 7.4 today everything was fine I installed setcpu and set it to 800mhz however I did not do the profiles. First I started having problems with Handcent where it would set 2 messages on the counter when there was only 1,then started gitting a force close from the stock mms which don't use at all,so I saw Pete say that he changed a setting on the recieved messages in Handcent did that and it stopped the force close of android mms. Keep in mind I keep having the handcent notification problem until I rebooted,to continue;I reinstalled the 2.1 flan gallery with the simple download and install this however took the place of the stock gallery.I don't know what it was but after that my phone just felt real laggy I went out to the Hawks games and was gittin no calls or emails,dolphin and stock browser were really slow,as well as no txt.The only thing I got constantly was notifications from twidroid,I cut my phone off twice since my battery was already low and cut it back on still seemed like I was receiving no data,I even had an instance where my camera app wouldn't start from holding the camera button I had to go in the app drawer to start it.I know this post was long but anyone have any ideas or suggestions I don't want to lose bb
  13. jcardona1

jcardona1 New Member

so I narrowed it down to two really problematic apps; google voice and handcent. I removed both and the phone started running great. I really like handcent so I installed it again and it's extremely slow to open and lags the phone. anybody else having the same issue?
  14. jcardona1

jcardona1 New Member

what setting did he change in handcent?
  15. jasonb

jasonb New Member

i don't have google voice, but i do use handcent with BB 7.4 and it's working just fine for me.
  16. FreddyChevy

FreddyChevy New Member

djtrick9 wrote:
    @djtrick9

In the past I got rid of Mms.apk and Mms.odex (before the deodexing) and had no issues w/ Handcent and text messaging.. but I did have to go into Handcent settings - under the Sms Receive setting --> Retrieve message setting and choose the option to Self-Check.

I never tested it with sending and receiving MMS messages, but you could give it a shot and report back on whether that works or not too.

Pete
  17. AdamZ

AdamZ Premium Member Premium Member

Just some advice for everyone...

It's never a good idea to run a ROM that is in "update.zip" and not wipe your system first... You never know if the person has written his script to wipe the system for you... and update.zip's don't do it natively.
  18. wil318466

wil318466 New Member

I second this. Clean wipe.

-Wil
  19. brock

brock New Member

i did the update.zip way and i haven't had one force close. definitely faster than stock after overclock, but still a little laggy.
  20. JRFogarty

JRFogarty New Member

Installed a few days ago using the update.zip file and things are running smoothly. Fast w/ of at 800 for normal use and profiles set for when not in use. Battery life is actually better now that I clock down to 250/250 when sleeping.