Bugless Beast Gmail not pushing

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by SteveOSC, Nov 4, 2010.

1. SteveOSC

SteveOSC New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all--just downloaded and installed the Bugless Beast ROM and am really impressed with the speed and the build. The installation went really smooth, but for whatever reason my Gmail is no longer pushing to my handset. I have reviewed other Gmail issues and none seem to apply to my situation. Right now I have Gmail set to sync everything (contacts, mail, calendar, etc) but it doesn't seem to make any difference. If I manually refresh Gmail it pulls in the new messages fine, but I have gotten used to the push and would like to continue doing things that way. I have gone in and cleared all the data from the Application settings and that didn't seem to help either.

If anyone could throw me a bone on this problem it would me very appreciated.

2. SteveOSC

SteveOSC New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    After browsing through the forum this morning, it looks like I am not the only one experiencing issues with the Gmail push. Perhaps the timing of my installation and the issue is just a coincidence.

3. alwerner

alwerner Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have had similar problems (outside of bugless beast) what I did to "fix it"/jump start it is:

• go into <accounts & sync>
    • <background data> turn off
    • <background data> turn on
    This seemed to re-enable the gmail syncing.

4. SteveOSC

SteveOSC New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Alwerner. I tried that and still not getting the sync. I have also tried deleting and reinstalling the app itself, clearing data and cache and doing the sync again, but still no good. I noticed the posts from yesterday about gmail issues...maybe this is a part of it.

5. czerdrill

czerdrill Silver Member

Ratings:
    +12
    i dont use bugless, but my gmail suddenly stopped syncing yesterday too no matter what i do it wont come back...hopefully google is aware of this

6. SteveOSC

SteveOSC New Member

Ratings:
    +0