Bugless 1.2 installed and Chevy 2.6.29 FC alot

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by bcarroll76, Apr 1, 2010.

1. bcarroll76

bcarroll76 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey guys I have BB 1.2 installed and have Chevy 2.6.29 , I am getting alot of Force closes and sometime the phone will ring and I cant answer and nothing show up on the phone at all.

I am using Open home as my home screen and I also use appkiller to make sure nothing is really running.

My question is:

What home screen is the most stable with this setup? Also, should I move to 2.1? The only problem is I dont want to lose all my apps and email etc... is there a way around this?

I just want a more stable but fast phone... Please give me some ideas what I should do! I am really at my wits ends with the phone having FC's all the time and the phone calls issue.. maybe I am doing something wrong??

Thnaks guys

2. DroidxRage

DroidxRage Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My $0.02... get off the 2.0.x

Get titanium backup from the market, it can back up all your apps in a batch operation. If you donate, you can then restore all your apps in one batch operation later.
    (batch operation = one click, essentially)

Then, find a rom like Bugless Beast / Simply Stunning / Adamz SG, and follow the instructions carefully and wipe your phone/cache both 3 times, and then install one of those ROMs from Nandroid. I put a link to Bugless, but you can pick whichever you like:
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/bu...east-v0-9-awsome-features-nexusmod-works.html

After you flash the nandroid for whatever ROM, sign back into google (will restore all your contacts) and re-download titanium backup, then you can reinstall all your apps WITH DATA using that app, because it saved all the info to your SD card, which didn't wipe.

Then pick a kernel, I'd recommend Chevy's personally, but Adamz makes some as well, which a lot of people like. Install the update.zip for your desired kernel, and you shouldn't have the issues anymore.

Then again, all these guys are readying their new ESE83 or AOSP ROM's in the next few days, but if you're having all these problems, that may be an eternity for you. ;)

Hope that helps. :)

3. DroidxRage

DroidxRage Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Or there's ROM Manager app by Koush (in market also) that you could use to install the new ROM and Kernel also, it's a paid app in the market that would automate the flashing of ROM's/Kernels/Themes.

I don't have a ton of experience with it personally so I'd read up a little on it as I still am too. Just another option though. Still do the titanium backup though regardless... best app for us ROM raiders.

4. bcarroll76

bcarroll76 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Will my phone lose ROOT if I go through this process? Also will I lose the Wireless tether I setup on my current setup? Also will you lose your settings in your programs you have installed if you do the backup?

Thnaks for your help I really need it!

5. DroidxRage

DroidxRage Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Won't lose root.

Depending on the ROM you may just have to reinstall the wireless tethering app. Some include it others don't. But if you backup first, it won't matter. ;)

You won't lose the settings on apps if you backup/restore how I described with titanium backup, and remember when you backup and restore choose WITH DATA whenever the option presents itself.

Also, just FYI - everything on your SD card will be left alone so no worries there, but you will lose your call history, and any SMS/MMS messages in the cache, so if there's anything important in there, write it down or email the MMS to yourself. :)

6. bcarroll76

bcarroll76 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I really appreciate your help. I installed BBv09 last night and got all my apps back and setup. Works great after a few reinstalls.

A few times the phone would just gointo a reboot sequence...it would restart over and over.. not sure why it did that. So I loaded a backed up ROM and started over.

I do have a question about SETCPU... what are your settings? I am toying around with them, but I really dont want to get back to the reboot problem I hade before.

Thanks again

7. DroidxRage

DroidxRage Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Reboot problem is probably a kernel... try a higher voltage kernel, the hardware probably isn't getting enough power at load. (so if you used a low voltage kernel, use a medium voltage kernel next)

SetCPU:
    Sleep 250/250
    Charge: 250/250
    Power < 30%: 250/550
    Temp > 42c: 250/550

8. DroidxRage

DroidxRage Member

Ratings:
    +0
    What kernel did you end up going with? Adamz or Chevy? Voltage and Speed?

9. bcarroll76

bcarroll76 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I used this one:

ChevyNo1-1.2Ghz-OC-5slot-update.zip

10. bcarroll76

bcarroll76 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    How do you know if they are low, medium or high voltage?

11. DroidxRage

DroidxRage Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry, got busy at work at the end of the day, just getting home now...

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/ch...s-low-voltage-medium-voltage-3-25-2010-a.html

These are the newer kernels, the first post by Chevy should be pretty explanatory...

not sure on that filename what voltage that was that you posted... looks like one of his first 5-slots, I'd guess medium voltage. I'd back down to like 1.1GHz and run a medium voltage 5/7 slot kernel see how that does for you.

If it's still unstable (reboots) then you can either try lowering the speed or raising the voltage until you find that sweet spot. If it's speed you're after, you'll likely have to up the volts. Otherwise you can back off the speed in favor of lower voltages, and get less heat and battery consumption.

That's where the "toying around" part of overclocking comes into play, and why every device is uniquely different. :)