bugless 1.1 overclocking questions

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by droid void, May 30, 2010.

1. droid void

droid void New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So I recently have been messing around with kernels and themes on my Droid. And I just can't seem to find the best way to have my phone run smoothly and fast, without the heat. I am curently running bb1.1 with smoked glass the one on this site not in rom manager and p3 1g. Kernel. The set cpu app is displaying temps around 35-45 C. I was wondering if anyone could help me find a good solution of my heat/kernel issue
    Thanks

2. groovydeus

groovydeus Member

Ratings:
    +0
    If you are staying below 45C then I am not sure what the problem is...

However, I would start by using the kernels that Pete recommends for his ROM. Then play with the max clock speed of the kernel you are using (if 1g runs consistently too hot try 800k).

3. Hammer87

Hammer87 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    im runnin nexbeast which is based off of BB and it runs jus fine w/ a 1ghz that was provided...i suggest setting up a profile if you already havent and try not to use ur phone while its charging because the temp rises quickly

4. ZeroBarrier

ZeroBarrier Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    First, you should download a kernel recommended by Pete (one of the numerous bekit kernels in his BBv1.1 OP).

Second, uninstall setCPU. If the only thing you want is to monitor temperatures, get TempMonitor.

And third, 35-45 C sounds like normal operating temperature, unless you live in Alaska or Antarctica.