Buggy screen when plugged into wall charger??

D

daviedave86

My Moto Droid screen seems to be a little buggy when plugging into a wall charger. It's mostly apparent when I try to use swype and notice how inaccurate the "trace" and word output is when I am plugged into a wall charger.

My home screen also acts up, desktop icons and widgets cannot be erased. But when I unplug the droid, its back to its perfect self.

This happened to me when I was rooted to a base 2.2 rom and again now that I have Simply Stunning v4.5 running.

I also have pro launcher installed but this occured before pro launcher was installed as well.

chad_petree

Reaction score
My Moto Droid screen seems to be a little buggy when plugging into a wall charger. It's mostly apparent when I try to use swype and notice how inaccurate the "trace" and word output is when I am plugged into a wall charger.

My home screen also acts up, desktop icons and widgets cannot be erased. But when I unplug the droid, its back to its perfect self.

This happened to me when I was rooted to a base 2.2 rom and again now that I have Simply Stunning v4.5 running.

I also have pro launcher installed but this occured before pro launcher was installed as well.

it happens to me too, i believe it happened with the default launcher too, im not quite sure, definitely happens with launcherpro

OP
D

daviedave86

it happens to me too, i believe it happened with the default launcher too, im not quite sure, definitely happens with launcherpro

I don't remember if it happens when plugged into a car charger. I hope not, I use mine for GPS all the time. And as stupid as it may be, it would be nice if my droid wasn't buggy while I was driving.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Which charger are you using? It's not uncommon for aftermarket and non-OEM chargers to interfere with the capacitive screen (see all the other threads on this matter).

OP
D

daviedave86

Which charger are you using? It's not uncommon for aftermarket and non-OEM chargers to interfere with the capacitive screen (see all the other threads on this matter).

its the charger that came with my droid, maybe the extension cord has something to do with it

richjacksonkc

Reaction score
My Moto Droid screen seems to be a little buggy when plugging into a wall charger.

I have this issue whenever I'm using the aftermarket charger that I bought.. It has the same output (which I think is 5.1 if I remember correctly) but it still seems to cause problems with the touch display.. don't know if it is getting more power which might be causing some static or signal issues or less power which could cause some decreased sensitivity... also, I regularly use the OEM charger with an extension cord also but have no issues with that... I try not to use the aftermarket charger unless I have to...

I know you said you are using the factory charger but are you using both the Motorola wall adapter *AND* cable?

stormshadow1

Reaction score
I have the BB Storm 1 charger and though it charges well, I am not able to do things on the phone such as scroll in the screen and notice that streaming radio cuts out every 5-10 min. When not plugged it, it works fine.