Buggy Beast w/ Wifi?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Bakes, Feb 1, 2010.

1. Bakes

Bakes New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok so today in an attempt to avoid having to use adb i decided to just go ahead an install Bugless Beast 7.2 using the update.zip. All went well (i assume) since i see that my handcent sms is now functioning properly and i have the new mileston add-ons. but i cannot seem to find the Wifi tether app... my understanding is that it would be here? and just as an extra clarification i installed Set CPU and downgraded to 800, clicked set at boot: did i do that correctly (im trying to get it so it will run at 800 instead of 950 and i imagine that set at boot means it will do it automatically)?

EDIT: OK Problem SOLVED, thanks guys. All that adb push talk was getting me confused, simple install, all went well... thanks. Now my only problems are:

I also cannot find out where to do cover flow. I see the nice updated icon for Music, but havnt't noticed much new functionality.

as a side note, i aso cant seem to get the Motorola phone portal working, my browser seems unable to connect ( ive used 2 different computers mac and Win 7.. no luck, and theyre all on the same network)

2. gentlefury

gentlefury Member

Ratings:
    +0
    800MHz_glass_vkb-BS-20100128-0226.zip

you can feel free to use my backup.

wifi tether works great (just dl the apk and install it)

Also has 800Mhz, voice keyboard, busybox installed properly (works with metamorph) and the optimized glass theme.

It hauls! Runs really great with Home ++

3. acturbo

acturbo Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You need to download it seperately, it is available from the same alldroid page where you downloaded 7.2 from. It is a seperate .apk file and does not come preinstalled on Bugless beast.

4. Bakes

Bakes New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    All right, thanks! I was just confused on whether it was included or it had to be pushed over (mac friendly option??)

5. acturbo

acturbo Member

Ratings:
    +0
    As far as I know it should be MAC friendly, its just an .apk file that you would copy to your SD card and use Astro or equivalent program to install from there.

6. gentlefury

gentlefury Member

Ratings:
    +0
    lol, its so funny that people say Mac friendly....trust me, mac is WAY more friendly than windows...since technically mac and droid are cousins (both come from the same mom....Unix)

Where you need moto drivers on a windows machine all you need for mac is to download Android SDK and plug in your phone...all ADB commands will work with no need of drivers.

Just remember, unless you want to add ADB to the system path you have to actually execute every command by typing ./adb not just adb.

When you plug in your phone you can push and pull without mounting...but system files will not be changeable, whether you are super user, or remount, nothing will work, you have to boot into recovery and mount /system to do anything like that, and you just have to know where things are in the file system, since basic commands will not work, such as ls, but flash commands and such work just fine.