Bug with unsent message notification - Droid 2 Global

Discussion in 'Droid 2 Tech Issues' started by Deoxysdog, Apr 15, 2011.

1. Deoxysdog

Deoxysdog New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    For about three hours now, I've had a problem where I get a notification of "Text Message Not Sent." If I touch this notification, it says "message not available." Then, about five seconds later, I get the same notification. I've tried everything, including deleted every message in my message center. Also, I am not sure if this happened due to a picture message or a text message. Any help is appreciated, thanks.
    UPDATE: This only happens when I open a specific conversation. So, I don't receive the notification until I open a conversation, BUT, this can happen with ANY conversation I open. Also, my Droid 2 Global is not rooted.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2011
  2. MarkPhlipy

MarkPhlipy New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Text Message Not Sent

Deoxys I had the same problem today. Received an MMS message with a photo, after it downloaded and I clicked the message a pop-up came up "A read receipt will be sent, Yes/No" I clicked Yes thinking I had to in order to view the message. Suddenly now that "text message not sent" notification keeps popping up.

I've deleted the original message/photo, rebooted the phone (soft reboot, on and off) twice, even cleared the messaging and SMS cache in the Applications settings, no luck.

I saw a similar post from almost a YEAR ago for the Droid X forum on line, and there was talk about 3rd party SMS applications like HandCent that when loaded allowed access to the "unsent messages" queue. But I never had any SMS app other than stock, and I really would rather FIX the problem than work around it!

Seems the only answer those folks got from Verizon was (wait for it) "Factory Reset."

Now I know there are some Verizon techs on this forum, but since I've gotten MY G2G, I've heard that mantra over and over from Level 2 Techs - "Sorry, sir, but you'll have to perform a factory reset." Why cannot we FIX the problem?

Sometimes...only sometimes mind you, I wish I had bought an iPhone (shiver).

Anyway, hopefully someone will notice this thread and give us some insight.

Search tags for this page

clear unsent messages droid

delete unsent messages on droid
how do i delete unsent mms on phone
how to delete notification popup on unsent sms
how to delete unsent mms on samsung galaxy s3
how to delete unsent multimedia messages
my phone keeps notifying unsent message
samsung delete unsent sms
unsent message on samsung

why does my text message say pending