1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Bug with phone or rom??

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by cmac93hatch, Jul 16, 2011.

1. cmac93hatch

cmac93hatch New Member

So I downloaded chevys ss rom today ran it all day with no problems by far best rom I've ran. Well probably about 20 min ago went to market to download launcher pro and as it was installing it went to the boot animation screen and rebooted. Let it load up and I had non of my user apps at all. So went to market to download titanium and as it was installing it did the same thing. So I had no choice but to wipe and restore a previous rom I had. If anybody could shed any light on this it would me awsome. Thank you

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  2. chevytough

chevytough New Member

Did u wipe and do reset?

sent from an SS Droid
  3. cmac93hatch

cmac93hatch New Member

Yes I did I wiped three times. I ran my backup of pe for an hour and reloaded ss. Was running good and rebooted into recovery to install a zip and when I rebooted back to android I had no service rebooted again and my service came back. So idk if its my phone, or if my phone can't handle the rom

4. AndyMcDroid

AndyMcDroid New Member

I'm pretty sure Chevy's ROM includes the 800MHz low voltage kernel. It should default to 600MHz speed, so overclocking shouldn't be an issue, but the low voltage might be. I'm certainly not the most experienced person here, but if that happened to me I would try flashing the 800MHz medium voltage kernel and see if that helps.
  5. rmart88

rmart88 New Member

Chevy defaults to the 1000 MHz Low Voltage. I would also suggest trying a higher voltage kernal. Go with the Medium voltage @ 1000 MHz, if you still have the same issues try the High voltage.
  6. cmac93hatch

cmac93hatch New Member

What would the kernal have to do with my apps missing??? I didn't think them two were related. And I don't think its the kernal I run ulv on my phone and it has no problem.

7. Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay New Member

Kernals have been known to do strange things from time to time, everyone suggested try a different kernal because so long as SS5.4 was installed correctly (which you said you did) SS5.4 is extremely stable and these issues haven't happened to others.

With that said I think it still lies in the install. Did you install the patch? You using RZR or CWM? Did you install from manually from phones recovery or through rom manager? Did you use TiBu or let market reinstall apps? Did you install the regular 5.4 or the themed 5.4?

This is how I flash SS and never have problems. Place file on root of SD card. Boot in to RZR, wipe data, cache,and dalvik cache each 3 times, than wipe everything (wipe all option) 3 times. Reboot in to recovery. Install ss5.4 from SD card. At this point I boot in to android and signing to google. Than I leave my phone a lone for an hour or so to let everything reinstall from market (I don't use TiBu)

If you want to flash a kernal right away, I do it immediately after flashing the rom while still in recovery.

8. cmac93hatch

cmac93hatch New Member

I do everything the same as you except I use tibu to reinstall apps. As I reinstalled last night I did also flash a diff kernal (deprimped) first time I used stock kernal. I also did flash the patch zip that you named above. Like I said I ran it all day yesterday and then went to install launcher pro and as it was installin phone went to boot animation screen. Phone loaded and I had no apps but what came with the rom. Went to market to download tibu to restore my apps and as that was installing it did the same thing.

9. cmac93hatch

cmac93hatch New Member

And I'm using rzr

10. Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay New Member

Very odd, maybe try running the fix permissions script in Chevy tools?

Maybe also try clearing data and cache for the market app.

Also, you may want to try redownloading and reinstalling the rom again, very possible you got a bad dl.

11. cmac93hatch

cmac93hatch New Member

Well after it messed up I reloaded a previous rom I had and ran it for an hour or so. Then I reloadedn ss and so far so good

12. RoyR80

RoyR80 New Member

TiBU has been know to cause funky issues as well. :-/
    After installing your last app, do a back up. ;-)
  13. cmac93hatch

cmac93hatch New Member

Do a whole back up of the rom or just apps.....and why would it happen almost 10 hours later lol

14. RoyR80

RoyR80 New Member

Full/nandroid. Do you normally run logcat? You may wanna give that a try... As for 10hrs later... Unknown. :-/
  15. cmac93hatch

cmac93hatch New Member

What is log cat. And I don't think I specifed in a previous post but I was installing off of market not tibu.

16. rmart88

rmart88 New Member

Apps missing? thought the issue was random reboots? a higher voltage kernal would help with random reboots, dont know where you even mentioned missing apps.
  17. RoyR80

RoyR80 New Member

logcat= chevytools>options. (bottom thing, turn it on) ;-)
  18. cmac93hatch

cmac93hatch New Member

No the problem is not with random reboots the problem is my phone rebooting while app was trying to install from the market and I had non of my user apps after this happened........and idk if I can do log cat I'm not running a chevy kernal.

19. RoyR80

RoyR80 New Member

If your running Primes kernel, it auto loads/logs every reboot. (if you dont tamper with/remove it)
  20. cmac93hatch

cmac93hatch New Member

I don't even know how to mess with that lol. Only thing I've done is flash deprimed kernal went to terminal and type overclock to give it ulv. That's all but when it happened I was still running chevys stock kernal but idk if log cat was on or not.