Bug with HeXen

ark116

Reaction score
Ok so I've been using HeXen for about A week or two, and I love it, and with the blue and white theme it looks freaking sleek. But, I've started to notice 1 major flaw, now idk if it because of something on my phone, but it wasn't happening before I put HeXen on.

When i'm in a call and I don't hang up first ( if I do hang up first. It doesn't happen) my phone still reads as though im still in the call. Now not my display but the phone itself. The red light to the left of the speaker remains on and I cannot press the power button to turn it on, I have to slide out the keyboard. Idk if this is a problem with HeXen itself or just my phone?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

burningshdw

Reaction score
Yea I had that happen once...I just rebooted and it hasn't happened since

OP
A

ark116

Reaction score
Yea I had that happen once...I just rebooted and it hasn't happened since

I reboot it every time it happens, hell I even wiped my data again...still does it.

burningshdw

Reaction score
Did u install a theme or is it the stock hexen rom that you're on?

OP
A

ark116

Reaction score
Had the stock first, but it was doing it so I re-installed it, then I installed the theme, and of course it still freezes

bdsullivan76

Reaction score
.....................???

Sorry if this is a late reply. Exactly what were your steps as for as installing heXen and the theme.
Did you wipe data/cache install hexen and imediatly install the theme or did you install the theme in succesion. I have had the same issue maybe twice and usually hitting the power or opening the keyboard wakes it back up.

OP
A

ark116

Reaction score
.....................???

Sorry if this is a late reply. Exactly what were your steps as for as installing heXen and the theme.
Did you wipe data/cache install hexen and imediatly install the theme or did you install the theme in succesion. I have had the same issue maybe twice and usually hitting the power or opening the keyboard wakes it back up.

Well I did a wipe data/cache or a factory reset after a back-up (through titanium) and while remaining in recovery I installed hexen. I wasn't for about a week till I install the theme, but it was happening before I installed the theme. It does wake when I slide out the keyboard, but waking it is not the issue.

I decided to test some stuff out
And it appears to only happen when you hang up from a call, but only when the call is terminated not by you.
Yes you can slide your keyboard to wake it, but your "in call" light (the small red light top left of the phone) will remain on.
And you can't connect a call when that light is on, because your phone thinks its already in a call.

You get what im sayin?
I have nooo clue if that's my phone or hexen

Swirly

Reaction score
yeap i agree, it does the same thing to me... i love it to but it makes my phone slow and lagy. i been on it for a good min now

mopar57

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Make sure you come from a sbf or factory state and not another theme or rom.
90% of the time this is the main problem. ( dont take short-cuts, unless you want bugs)
Also what theme are you using, Ive been running my Mtn. Dew theme for 2 weeks and no reboots and/or freezing.

bdsullivan76

Reaction score
90% of the time this is the main problem. ( dont take short-cuts, unless you want bugs)
Also what theme are you using, Ive been running my Mtn. Dew theme for 2 weeks and no reboots and/or freezing.

He is running the blue and white theme. I used it for a week b4 releasing and had no issues, have not seen any in the thread. Exept i botched the file name by calling it black and white. I would agree that you could sbf the phone and reinstall heXen, reboot, then install whayever theme. Seems that some phones react in different ways to rooting, flashing, updating, ect. I know that seems like a blow-off responce but its proven ( just read some of the gingerbread update threads for the X or t-bolt).
If heXen is unstable for you i would suggest fenom or angel as suitable replacements.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

OP
A

ark116

Reaction score

I came from stock...not another rom

And im using bdsullivan's blue and white theme

OP
A

ark116

Reaction score

He is running the blue and white theme. I used it for a week b4 releasing and had no issues, have not seen any in the thread. Exept i botched the file name by calling it black and white. I would agree that you could sbf the phone and reinstall heXen, reboot, then install whayever theme. Seems that some phones react in different ways to rooting, flashing, updating, ect. I know that seems like a blow-off responce but its proven ( just read some of the gingerbread update threads for the X or t-bolt).
If heXen is unstable for you i would suggest fenom or angel as suitable replacements.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Yeah o well, I was just hoping there was something else I could do besides sbf

But thanks for your help, I guess ill try out the others too.

mopar57

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
In that case I have no idea! Sorry I could be any help.

chefyocum

Reaction score
Any idea why my phone reboots into clockworkmod recovery when i turn it off and on. Ive rooted many devices and never had this before. Thank you. Oh hexen rom mt. Dew theme. Love the theme mopar.

sent from my galaxy tab or d2g both rooted of course