Bug Thread for 2.5.0 - OP UPDATED

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
3g stopped working after I used wifi and it still wont work even after I rebooted 4 times. New market won't install ether. I wiped 3 times and did a fresh install before this happend

Sent from my OG Droid using DroidForums App

My phone can't run Compcache for some reason. Whenver I had Compcache enabled my phone tends to freeze and lockup. I tried it back in the days with cvcs and now with UD. I really dont care about it. Phone is still running smooth without Compcache. If you dont care about Compcache i would try a chevy kernel. I am currently using med voltage 1 ghz. I turned on wifi then off and 3G came back right away. My 2 cents :)

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
For anyone who is having issues installing the Darkside.zip (New Themed Market) from within the UD settings, the original thread and .zip can be found here ---> http://www.droidforums.net/forum/thebowers/105022-who-going-re-revisited-vending-apk.html

Can anyone (who is having market problems) confirm that they've gotten it to install from this link. I've tried to flash (via Recovery) and no luck. After Recovery reboots I have no Market (or Black Market) app in my drawer.

If you did manage to get it to work, please post the procedure you used.

Thanks.

Tried two different ones from this link and still a n ogo for the market. Got it to load up but when I go to download an app it FC everytime..
Here is my best suggestion to get the Market working from this link - because after your Market starts to F/C you have to start over

Wipe and flash UD 2.5 and reboot - skip the sign in process and go directly back into recovery and flash only a themed Market.zip from the link and then reboot - sign in and download something and see if you experience a force close issue or not

chewy74

Reaction score
try wiping cache & data for the market only and see if that fixes

For anyone who is having issues installing the Darkside.zip (New Themed Market) from within the UD settings, the original thread and .zip can be found here ---> http://www.droidforums.net/forum/thebowers/105022-who-going-re-revisited-vending-apk.html

Can anyone (who is having market problems) confirm that they've gotten it to install from this link. I've tried to flash (via Recovery) and no luck. After Recovery reboots I have no Market (or Black Market) app in my drawer.

If you did manage to get it to work, please post the procedure you used.

Thanks.

Tried two different ones from this link and still a n ogo for the market. Got it to load up but when I go to download an app it FC everytime..

VampyricDroid

Reaction score
I only use chevy kernels because the other kernels run hot on my droid and I have tried all of them and I also don't use compcache because it causes problems with my droid

Sent From My Original Droid 1 Using DroidForums App

AFX

Reaction score
Is anyone able to install the stock music app? I haven't been able to do so since 2.1 and it's really bugging me because I don't like the custom one that comes pre-installed. I've tried removing it first, I've tried installing an older Music.apk, I've tried everything and I just can't seem to get the stock app back. Is this just me?

OP
RafficaX

RafficaX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
3g stopped working after I used wifi and it still wont work even after I rebooted 4 times. New market won't install ether. I wiped 3 times and did a fresh install before this happend

My phone can't run Compcache for some reason. Whenver I had Compcache enabled my phone tends to freeze and lockup. I tried it back in the days with cvcs and now with UD. I really dont care about it. Phone is still running smooth without Compcache. If you dont care about Compcache i would try a chevy kernel. I am currently using med voltage 1 ghz. I turned on wifi then off and 3G came back right away. My 2 cents :)

it cant bc chevy kernels dont support compcache. need to use a slayher kernel. there is a compcache thread in ud section that explains how to install it. bc you need to turn it on in ud menu and flash a compcache zip to enable it.

OP
RafficaX

RafficaX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Is anyone able to install the stock music app? I haven't been able to do so since 2.1 and it's really bugging me because I don't like the custom one that comes pre-installed. I've tried removing it first, I've tried installing an older Music.apk, I've tried everything and I just can't seem to get the stock app back. Is this just me?

never tried it, i will look into it.

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score

it cant bc chevy kernels dont support compcache. need to use a slayher kernel. there is a compcache thread in ud section that explains how to install it. bc you need to turn it on in ud menu and flash a compcache zip to enable it.

I guess i worded it wrong. I meant to say for the ones who dont care about Compcache can use chevey kernel to see if that fixes the wifi and 3G issue that they are having :)

kwood129

Reaction score
Has anyone else had problems with receiving multiple sms messages? I did a wipe when I installed 2.5 so everything was clear. It started immediately and has calmed down a little but it seems like it gets worse when there is a load on the phone. I don't know if that helps any. I can't imagine it's just my phone that has this problem.

atticus

Reaction score
(attempting to) go into Input settings through Ultimate Settings, it force closes. Everything else works fine. Have a few other things, but they are mentioned in the OP.

necronomican

Reaction score
I flashed 2.5 about 8 times could not get it to download my apps so flashed 2.4 loaded apps then flashed 2.5 overtop.

THAWARRIOR10

Reaction score
anybody having problems with their notification leds not working? i can get them to flash inside the ultimate droid settings but when a new email arrives or text message, it doesn't work....

hrdnhvy

Reaction score
Where is the apk link for the themed new market? What forum is it in?