Bug or "working as designed"?

Reaction score
Last night I tried updating multiple Apps from the new market (angry birds and soul movie among others). The updates all failed with the following error - couldn't install on usb storage or sd card. I don't remember that happening with the old market. Has anyone else had this issue and do you know a way around it?

Why yes; that is a Thunderbolt in my pocket.

tituswife

Reaction score
Yes, try removing SD card, and installing without it. If that works, may need to format SD card, after backing up info, of course. Do you have any app backup apps on phone? If so, uninstall with SD card out, or use Astro File Manager to remove.

Sent from my Thunderbolt

tituswife

Reaction score
Is your problem fixed? Having update/download/uninstall problems today. It's the Market. I always test with downloading a freebie from Amazon - worked fine.

Sent from my Thunderbolt

OP
FrellingFrakker
Reaction score
I ended up just moving all my Apps back to the phone storage and all the updates worked.

MrKleen

Reaction score
I really don't like that new market.

OP
FrellingFrakker
Reaction score
The problem is back. I can browse and open files on the sd card so I think the issue is with the market app.

305rev305

Reaction score
The problem is back. I can browse and open files on the sd card so I think the issue is with the market app.

Ok, this happened to me and I was able to fix it. Theres a bug and you have to remove it. first, plug your phone to your computer, go into your sd card using the computer (u have to use a computer), go into the file named Androidsecure, once u open the file called Android_secure you need to delete the file that part of its name is "sm1" in it. I forgot the whole name but part of the name is sm1....in my case it was the only file under the file named Android_secure. This is a bug thats hidden and the only way to see it is by plugging to your computer. Once u delete this file, all your apps will update and work. Believe me, it happened to me. Let me know how it goes.

OP
FrellingFrakker
Reaction score
I don't know where you found that fix but it worked. The file had tmp1 in it instead of sm1, but sm was in there somewhere.

Thanks for the tip.

305rev305

Reaction score
I don't know where you found that fix but it worked. The file had tmp1 in it instead of sm1, but sm was in there somewhere.

Thanks for the tip.

Yes you are right...the correct letters are tmp1. it happened to me about 3 months ago so I couldn't remember too much...well I'm glad u were able to get out fixed. It took me forever to find this fix online. They say its just Bug that android hasn't fixed. Cool....