Bug occurs only when headphones are plugged in

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR Support' started by OverlordXenu, Mar 29, 2012.

1. OverlordXenu

OverlordXenu New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Whenever I have headphones plugged in, my phone starts doing things on its own. It appears that it does one of three things, that I've noticed: it calls the last person I called (most frequent), opens the voice command prompt (less frequent), or opens the clock settings (least frequent). This happens at a rat of 1-5 times per minute or more. Over the course of a 30 minute walk, it called the last number I dialed 50 times and that's only that action, it did the other two as well. This seems to happen regardless of what I'm doing, but I am typically listening to the Pandora app. What gives?

2. baune

baune New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Mine's been doing the same exact thing. It usually does it more when I am listening to my SiriusXM app with the headphones plugged in. Mine also was opening completely separate app and playing my mp3 files just randomly, SOOO F-ing annoying so I just deleted the other app. Now it's just randomly calling my last called number (Also f-ing annoying when you're trying to run or workout), opens the voice command prompt.

Not sure what headphones you're using, i'm using the Bose in-ear mobile ones with the command button on one ear. I'm thinking that might have something to do with it because when I use a different set of headphones without that, it works "most" of the time. It's super annoying though, I feel your pain

3. ddfuji

ddfuji Member

Ratings:
    +2
    id ask for a new phone. that sounds crazy. but if you were to go in to verizon they would have you factory reset the phone first to see if it still does it. you could try that if your really desperate, and if that dosnt work talk to verizon and see if you can get a new phone.

4. onelowbirD68

onelowbirD68 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    When this happens is your phone in your pocket? If so is part of your headphones cord in your pocket aswel? Could be the cord doing all the stuff. Some cords work like a finger.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

5. OverlordXenu

OverlordXenu New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    No, I have absolutely witnessed this occur with no input at all.

Search tags for this page
android headphone bug
droid x2 what does it mean when plug in headphones and goes
galaxy s3 acts weird when headphones in

headphones make phone go crazy

headphones making my phone go crazy
phone act weird when i put headphones in
phone randomly calls when headphones plugged in
while using my headphones my android is doing weird things

why does my phone act weird with headphones

why does my phone calls by itself when i put headphones on