Bug Fixes and a Little More What Else Could You Ask For- Sapphire 0.6.2

dan.wright

Reaction score
Am I the only one getting an error when trying to enable wifi? Anything special I need to do?

I did a full wipe and load of 0.6.2 and also loaded jdlfg's 1100 kernel ...

Im getting the same thing. I went back to using P3 kernel and I got Wifi back.dancedroid

Cool, I'll flash a P3 really quick and post back if it works for me as well ...

kook

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
It would be sweet if someone could port bgill's black ice to this ROM. Hoping roberj13 (blue energy) is interested in theming this ROM as well.

Edit: Anyone else's droid go nuts when connected to USB? Like double typing letters and flutters while scrolling app list.
roberj13 told me he has installed this ROM so he can theme it :D. He's working on a couple more as well...

Gearhead Geek

Reaction score
Loaded it up today, along w/the Drop theme. Unfortunately Market was FC'ing at the end of installing apps. Just wiped again, and trying an install without a theme. I'll report back shortly with the outcome.

supahrob

Reaction score
Hmmm... tried Chevy's ULV and LV 1.0ghz kernels. I have never had an issue with either of these. I also tried P3Droid's LV 1.0ghz kernel. All three of these caused boot loops.

I came from 0.6.0 straight to 0.6.2 without a wipe. I am going to try wiping and then a fresh install, then try the kernels again.

Am I the only one having this issue? Like I said, I have been able to use ULV and LV kernels up till now without any problems what so ever - but I did not try them on 0.6.0.

Would appreciate any input, as the lower voltage kernels are something I would rather not lose.

Take care,
Rob

kook

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Hmmm... tried Chevy's ULV and LV 1.0ghz kernels. I have never had an issue with either of these. I also tried P3Droid's LV 1.0ghz kernel. All three of these caused boot loops.

I came from 0.6.0 straight to 0.6.2 without a wipe. I am going to try wiping and then a fresh install, then try the kernels again.

Am I the only one having this issue? Like I said, I have been able to use ULV and LV kernels up till now without any problems what so ever - but I did not try them on 0.6.0.

Would appreciate any input, as the lower voltage kernels are something I would rather not lose.

Take care,
Rob
Didn't like any of my kernels as well....so I went to stock....runs fine.

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
Am I the only one getting an error when trying to enable wifi? Anything special I need to do?

I did a full wipe and load of 0.6.2 and also loaded jdlfg's 1100 kernel ...

Im getting the same thing. I went back to using P3 kernel and I got Wifi back.dancedroid

Cool, I'll flash a P3 really quick and post back if it works for me as well ...

ok. I switched back to Ps and the wifi worked. Then my phone froze. I rebooted it. when it started it got stuck on a vibrat mode. Became a vibrator...dancedroid So i took out the battery and rebooted it again buit this time it froze..:icon_evil: So i had to use my back up and get rid of jdlfg's kernel :(

OP
S

sniffle

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.ccroms.net
Due to the experimentalness of a lot of the kernels we are putting what we feel is the most reliable kernel with each release.

We do have something in the works though for a more permanent solution. It will be in upcoming releases.

Wish I could give you more help with the kernels

Gearhead Geek

Reaction score
In follow up, works fine w/no theme. Also, because of the FC when doing the original reload of apps w/the Drop theme, it wasn't showing my free apps in the download list. With no theme applied, it works fine.

supahrob

Reaction score

Actually, I am glad you posted that. It's somehow comforting to know I am not the only one having issues. 800mhz is still pretty fast, and if I have to, I think I can live with that for a while... wish it was LV though lol.

I am curious to hear whether ANYONE has been able to run an LV kernel on this ROM yet though, and if so, which one.

Take care,
Rob

les017

Reaction score

Take care,
Rob

Same here. Never been able to run uLV but I always ran Chevy LV 1.0 or 1.2 GHz. This time got boot loops. Not gonna pursue it though. The P3 kernel seems to run great. Benchmarks don't support the same numbers as 0.6.0 with Chevy 1GHz LV but the phone seems smoother and snappier in normal use with the stock 0.6.2 build....so I am gonna leave it for now.

kook

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

Actually, I am glad you posted that. It's somehow comforting to know I am not the only one having issues. 800mhz is still pretty fast, and if I have to, I think I can live with that for a while... wish it was LV though lol.

I am curious to hear whether ANYONE has been able to run an LV kernel on this ROM yet though, and if so, which one.

Take care,
Rob
I'm sure someone will figure it out...and when they do...it'll be on my phone. :D

supahrob

Reaction score

Take care,
Rob

Same here. Never been able to run uLV but I always ran Chevy LV 1.0 or 1.2 GHz. This time got boot loops. Not gonna pursue it though. The P3 kernel seems to run great. Benchmarks don't support the same numbers as 0.6.0 with Chevy 1GHz LV but the phone seems smoother and snappier in normal use with the stock 0.6.2 build....so I am gonna leave it for now.

Which P3 Kernel are you using? So far, the only kernel that works for me at ALL is the stock Bekit kernel.

Take care,
Rob

bhughesiii

Reaction score
Some screen caps of Sapphire 0.6.2 and Smoked Glass Blue w/ ADW Launcher. Gonna have to play around the Spare parts some more for those notification colors

Where did you get that wall paper? It is wicked lookin!

cvpcs

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Just so everyone knows, the kernel issues are being worked on. I am personally working with P3 to create a series of kernels specific to sapphire in a range of speeds and voltages.

Keep in mind that the kernels for Froyo are nowhere near the stability as the kernels for Eclair were at. It is a completely different version (.32 vs .29), and since we only recently got Froyo to play with, the kernels are still being tweaked.

Hopefully I will have the new kernels in the next few days.

Also, thank you to everyone for the support. :)

Also, be sure to check the "screenshots" section for the various supported themes, as they provide the recommended values for setting the various notification colors.

And lastly, luna will be available in the next few hours. :)

subsynth

Reaction score
Thanks for the updates on kernels, I guess I'll wait a few days before installing this. As I don't want to loose functionality just to be on the "cutting edge"