1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Bug/Annoyance with Text Messages

Discussion in 'Droid Razr and Razr Maxx ICS discussion' started by YellowJacket, Jul 11, 2012.

1. YellowJacket

YellowJacket Active Member

My maxx stays in my pocket most of the time but I just started noticing that my screen has been turning on whenever I get a text message. Since I use the lockscreen slide to unlock, it will time-out quickly and shut back off (and not pocket reply/dial) but lately I have been doing an awful lot of texting at work and I may get 8 to 10 texts before I can reply so each time the screen will stay on then time out.

Overall, my battery life is still good but I feel that this is putting a drain on it and I could get better life if it wasn't doing it.

Any thoughts, ideas, suggestions, fixes?

Oh, and my default message client is GO SMS.

I did not have this problem on GB.

Thanks,

David
  2. YellowJacket

YellowJacket Active Member

Nevermind, I think I found the answer.

There is a setting burried under "Advanced" in GO SMS for "Turn Screen On" with new text messages. I disabled it so hopefully it will fix the problem.

David
Search tags for this page

annoyance messages

annoyance sms

anoyance sms