Bubbles Under my Screen

dmbatcofc

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I was watching a video on my device a couple of nights ago in the dark, and noticed when my screen went black that there appeared to be black bubbles underneath my screen. I hadn't noticed this before, and I found this to be concerning, so I took it into Best Buy where I purchased the device. Well, Best Buy was too bright, and the associate couldn't see what I was talking about. I thought maybe it was a freak occurrence, returning home with no worries. Well, last night I was watching a video again, and the black splotches and bubbles appeared. I called Verizon, who told me to take it to their store, but they couldn't see the bubbles either because the store was too bright. Any suggestions? Am I being too picky? It doesn't bother me during the day, but at night, it's extremely annoying.
Thanks Droid community!
-Adam

xtor

Reaction score
Is it like this?, this is on a og RAZR , if so, they say this is normal, unfortunately

Razr.jpg

xtor

Reaction score
Original razr, it is normal they all have it, some less then others, that is my screen, this is a screen test app

OP
D

dmbatcofc

Reaction score
I meant how did you get it on that greenish tint where it really emphasizes the bubbles?

OP
D

dmbatcofc

Reaction score
Screen test app

Thanks for the responses, I had a really hard time communicating the issue to others, and you immediately understood what I was talking about.

Which screen test application are you using there?

xtor

Reaction score
Thanks for the responses, I had a really hard time communicating the issue to others, and you immediately understood what I was talking about.

Which screen test application are you using there?

Screen test from app store

C2Cab95

Reaction score
It is normal... part of the manufacturing process. It was worse on my OG RAZR... still some slight flaws on my RAZR HD.

ebrizzle

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I was watching a video on my device a couple of nights ago in the dark, and noticed when my screen went black that there appeared to be black bubbles underneath my screen. I hadn't noticed this before, and I found this to be concerning, so I took it into Best Buy where I purchased the device. Well, Best Buy was too bright, and the associate couldn't see what I was talking about. I thought maybe it was a freak occurrence, returning home with no worries. Well, last night I was watching a video again, and the black splotches and bubbles appeared. I called Verizon, who told me to take it to their store, but they couldn't see the bubbles either because the store was too bright. Any suggestions? Am I being too picky? It doesn't bother me during the day, but at night, it's extremely annoying.
Thanks Droid community!
-Adam

I had the same problem with a Samsung Galaxy S3 and I took it to Verizon. Same thing happened and it was too bright and the tech said they have to replicate the problem before they could replace the device. I convinced him to take it into their bathroom and turn the lights off and let his eyes adjust for a minute. He ended up doing it and came out a few minutes later and said that he saw what I was talking about. He replaced the device with another which had the same problem, only the bubbles where different sizes and in different places. I just flat out returned it and waited a few weeks and got another one which didn't have any problems with the bubbling. The second one that they replaced the first one with was from the same delivery batch from the same store. I think they whole batch was bad.