bubbled keyboard issue

aldaudio

Reaction score
my Droid came with a bubbled keyboard, and its only like 6 months old now, and it seems as tho the cover of the keyboard has become detached from the keys. its as if it were glued to the keys and the glue has worn off.

if i slightly press on it in the middle, i can feel that there's space between the cover and the key. if i press down hard on the g/h/j key region, it sticks to them for a few seconds, but then lifts back up.

i took it to the verizon store today, and they said that was normal, but i really dont think it is. it makes using it very annoying. you can hear it sticking, and it seems harder to press down the keys now.

mrredskin

Reaction score
i'm sure there are a few threads about this already, but logged on here to search/post about the same thing and saw yours.

i have the exact same issue and it's incredibly annoying. it takes a real effort to hit some keys, and ESPECIALLY the space bar. you're right, there's obviously an adhesive that was used and it has worn off. even if it IS normal, it's not supposed to happen

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Go to another store. If they deny you again, make them exchange it.

OP
A

aldaudio

Reaction score
i wasnt sure if it was this site where i had saw something about it before or not. i googled it last night and ran across a couple things, but nothing really in depth, so i wanted to share my story.

the guy said i could take it back if it got worse/i didnt like it, but idk if its really worth it to exchange it, have to put everything back on my phone, only for it to happen with the replacement (which will probably be the super flat keyboard anyways).

the associate said it happened to his, and a couple other people he knew, but he didnt show me it, so i was still a little skeptical.