BTCall - Bluetooth auto on/off

MdicnMan

Reaction score
I just had to make a post on this.

What a great app! You set it up to turn the BT redio on and off when you make a call, and it does. I actually use it more for turning it off at the end of a call, I delay it by a minute so it stays on if I am making anohter call. You can even schedule it to not control the BT.

Well worth a look I think. The only gotcha is that sometimes there is a little between when the call is answered and the radio turning on, but it is still a huge battery saver.

BTCall - Bluetooth auto on/off v2.3.1 Application for Android | Tools

chart

JJ

Last edited:

Silver Member
Reaction score
i don't know. BT doesn't use that much battery to warrant turning it off. i've never seen it in my top 10 battery users and i leave it on daily.

also, if you receive a call and you have to turn your BT on, you have to re-establish communication with your BT device as the call is ringing. in most cases, you won't have enough time to establish the connection and answer the call.

OP
MdicnMan

MdicnMan

Reaction score
i don't know. BT doesn't use that much battery to warrant turning it off. i've never seen it in my top 10 battery users and i leave it on daily.

also, if you receive a call and you have to turn your BT on, you have to re-establish communication with your BT device as the call is ringing. in most cases, you won't have enough time to establish the connection and answer the call.

I can't say that I have looked at the battery percentage, but I will.
As for the reconnecting, it is occasionally a little too long, but the real benefit to me is turning it off. You have me curious about the overall batter usage though.

EMC23

Reaction score
I have a bluetooth toggle on my home screen. When I get in the car I turn it on and turn it off when I get out. It works for me. It's called Droid Bluetooth Toggle.

Technoman

Reaction score
I have a bluetooth toggle on my home screen. When I get in the car I turn it on and turn it off when I get out. It works for me. It's called Droid Bluetooth Toggle.

If you put the default POWER widget on your screen, there is a BT toggle right on it. No additional APP, no additional space taken up for another APP.

On that Widget, you get GPS, BT, Wireless, Brightness, and a 5th one that I haven't quite figured out what it does.

EMC23

Reaction score

If you put the default POWER widget on your screen, there is a BT toggle right on it. No additional APP, no additional space taken up for another APP.

On that Widget, you get GPS, BT, Wireless, Brightness, and a 5th one that I haven't quite figured out what it does.

Thanks but that is way too big for me :) It takes up the space of four icons. Mine only takes one.