BT car stereo

bkendrick

Reaction score
Just need something cleared up...

I am shopping for a new car stereo. BT is a must! From what I'm reading there is a difference between just BT phone capability and music streaming capability. Some may state built in BT but that doesn't mean it can accept streaming music BT correct? So what type of BT should I look for? Suggestions?

I would hate to buy a stereo just to find out the BT works for calls but I still have to plug it in for music.

DX. CFU. LIB 2.0.1

DX. CFU. LIB 2.0.1

OP
bkendrick

bkendrick

Reaction score
Thanks. I actually found the A2DP while doing more reading after my original post. However, when I do searches none of the stereos say anything about A2DP. WTF? I even found one on Crutchfield's site that said the BT was for calling and streaming music and it had nothing about A2DP in the description.

DX. CFU. LIB 2.0.1

Droid_Junky

Reaction score
You should be safe as long as it also says streaming. I remember it being tricky when I bought mine.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
bkendrick

bkendrick

Reaction score
When I got home I checked Crutchfields full site and they have detailed descriptions on each stereos BT capabilities. Thanks for the help.

DX. CFU. LIB 2.0.1

OP
bkendrick

bkendrick

Reaction score
Spoon...
After a lot of searching I found a Clarion CZ501 for $179 on Crutchfield and $135 on buy.com. Any experience with Clarion decks? Comparable to Pioneer?

DX. CFU. LIB 2.0.1

Droid_Junky

Reaction score
Not sure who Spoon is?

No experience with Clarion but I know its a reputable brand.

The one I got was the JVC Arsenal KD-A815. Streams music, stores my phone book and interact with phone music functions well. Gives alerts for text messages too. Plus the screen has thousands of different colors. Got it to match my interior lights at night and white during the day so it's easier to read. I have gotten complaints about the Bluetooth mic though when talking on the phone but I haven't really taken the time to run through all of the settings.

OP
bkendrick

bkendrick

Reaction score
That's funny....it was "sooooo" but my auto spell got in the way. I'll check the jvc. Thanks!

DX. CFU. LIB 2.0.1

iFlossyy

Reaction score
I went to Car Toys and they were most helpful with this. I told them I wanted BT streaming and everything, and thats what I got. Kenwood x994 Installed for free, absolutely flawless.
Amazon.com: Kenwood KDC-X994 eXcelon In-Dash CD Receiver with Built-in Bluetooth: Electronics

a little pricey, yes. But worth it? Absolutely. Sound quality is amazing and its so easy to use. I even have a swivel microphone near my windsheild above my head!! Access phonebook contacts and everything from the deck, so awesome.