Browsing speed queston?

Monstrosity

Reaction score
Does a phone have any affect on browsing speed [phone, not carriers] if the phone is on same carrier I mean.

Like, I have a voyager atm, and getting a droid hopefully Friday, or monday[whenever it gets here :)]

Will I browse faster on the droid since its a smart phone?

gdoane

Reaction score
Does a phone have any affect on browsing speed [phone, not carriers] if the phone is on same carrier I mean.

Like, I have a voyager atm, and getting a droid hopefully Friday, or monday[whenever it gets here :)]

Will I browse faster on the droid since its a smart phone?

Not only yeah, but HECK YEAH.

Browsing is an application, the phone is a computer running an application when it's browsing so the power of the CPU and architecture of the phone makes a huge difference.

Going from my Moto Q to a Droid was like night and day difference. The best place to see it is YouTube, if my old Q tried to play that you could take a commercial break, raid the fridge, and come back with a three course meal before that sucker was done. The Droid is so fast you're watching the video in less time than it took you to find it.

You're not just getting the data, the CPU is processing it and telling the other end it got it, so better response times mean faster data. Hardware matters and it matters a lot.