1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

browsers

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by bakerke2001, Apr 30, 2010.

1. bakerke2001

bakerke2001 New Member

is there any other browsers available for the moto droid than the one that comes with it?
  2. mjforte

mjforte Member

Yeah there are quite a few in the marketplace. My favorite is Xscope. There is also Dolphin, and Opera Mini. A new one I just tried is Skyfire, which can play flash video on some sites but is very buggy due to being beta.
  3. bakerke2001

bakerke2001 New Member

What about Firefox or Internet Explorer?
  4. mjforte

mjforte Member

There is a Firefox browser called Fennec being developed for Android but it is only in alpha stages right now.
  5. dlwhtrose

dlwhtrose Super Moderator Premium Member

God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
    I heard that Firefox is coming and I believe some have it as a beta tester. I use Dolphin and am happy with it. I don't use the stock browser.
  6. toastedoats

toastedoats New Member

Mozilla is working on a mobile version of Firefox called Fennec.

I seriously doubt Microsoft has any interest in ever developing a browser for Android

Try Dolphin or xScope. I prefer the native browser myself.
  7. aminaked

aminaked New Member

I like dolphin the best, but it took me some time to learn. One hint is to double-tap on a page to show/hide the tab bar.
  8. JonKyu

JonKyu New Member

I'm really conflicted with browsers lately. Before the last few days I was hardcore xscope. But after trying out Skyfire and Dolphin HD, things aren't so clear anymore lol. Here's my breakdown.

Xscope had the cleanest ui imo, it's really great for fast browsing and downloading as you can download things in the background, open links in new windows by just long pressing on them, and switch tabs by swiping to the sides.

skyfire is the best for viewing flash content as it's the only one that can lol, not to mention that it's fast loading as it functions a lot like opera I think (not sure though). It has a nifty mobile/full page toggle.

Dolphin HD had a really nice user experience, attractive ui, and improved layout has plug-in support as well.

These three imo are the ones to choose from. Opera is fast but clunky, and fennec us pre-alpha and from what I've read pretty unusable.

So try each one out and see which one you want to stick with, or you could be like me and just install all of them and just alternate lol!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk