Browser won't return to last position when hitting back button?

Laramie

Reaction score
Ok...any web browser on my Mac, if I'm surfing a forum, and scroll halfway down, click, read a thread, then hit "Back", it will return me to the same position I was in.

My Droid Broswer will NOT do this...is this a feature not supported, a setting I've missed, or do I need an aftermarket browser???

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
No I think mine does this...it returns to the same position I was in...are you waiting long enough for it to load up the page and then return to the position? Cause it won't return until the page is about done loading...

OP
Laramie

Laramie

Reaction score
No I think mine does this...it returns to the same position I was in...are you waiting long enough for it to load up the page and then return to the position? Cause it won't return until the page is about done loading...

Nope, I considered this, b/c this happens on the PC too if you do something before the page is loaded, but no matter what, what page, it returns to the very top of the page...very annoying when reading forums.

SGTiger

Reaction score
xScope returns correctly to the position where you were previously.

radioz

Reaction score
I know exactly what you mean about the back button!

I use the back button all the time and get frustrated at the websites (like this one) that force a reload when you press it.

Here is what I do:
When I select a topic in the forum list, I LONG press on the thread title. This brings up a menu. Choose: Open New Window. This will open up the thread for you. When you are done reading, press the back button and it will instantly take you to where you were before!

It works for me!

superglen99

Reaction score
I do what you do radio, works great. Plus it allows you to open multiple windows if there are mutliple threads you want to check out and jump between them, very handy

ShowTime

Reaction score
Brilliant... never thought of that either. Are we sure the back button closes the "new window" and doesn't just bring up the previous window, leaving the "new window" floating around in the browser somewhere? I don't know if it really matters one way or the other, just curious.

number6

Reaction score
Brilliant solution! Works like a charm on XScope on my Droid. Although doing this opens a new tab in XScope rather than a new window, but still works beautifully!

rjax

Reaction score
This is what I've been doing since Day 1... Now I feel bad I didn't mention this earlier.

I should add that xScope pretty much rules for this type of browsing. Configure it so that new tabs open up in the background, open 5 new tabs (a simple long press on a link opens a new tab), switch to one of the 5 new tabs (say by swiping either to the left or right), then just keep hitting back until you're back where you started.