Browser Question

2001400ex

Reaction score
Okay, I have had my Droid since day 1, and love it. One problem I have had that no updates have solved is my browser. I often open web pages then turn off the screen, to come back and read them an hour or to later. Well, it always resets the page, but does not refresh it, this is totally annoying. Now with 2.2 it seems to do it even more, which is making the browser crash more.

I did just root yesterday, I am stock Droid 1 with root and setcpu at 800, no kernals, it just worked. Rooting and that did not change the issue.

So, does anyone have a solution? I use Skyfire at times, but it is not quite ready to be my fulltime browser.

Thanks in advance!!

Nathanv.1

Reaction score
do you have Advanced Task Killer or any task killer applications?

Nathanv.1

Reaction score
okay, well a thing to try would to uninstall it and see what happens. if it makes a difference then you know what is making it reload.

harrellj

Reaction score
Also, I know you mentioned you've used skyfire, have you tried any of the other browsers?

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
The task killer might be causing the problem anyway if it is taking up resources or causing the phone to do more than it normally would. Let's take a look at what's going on:

amazon starts up, taking up CPU/battery
amazon sits idle in background, NOT taking up CPU/battery
task killer runs in background, taking up CPU/battery
task killer kills amazon, taking up CPU/battery
the OS notices and starts up amazon, taking up CPU/battery
amazon sits idle in background, NOT taking up CPU/battery
task killer, etc., etc. on an endless loop

Now, without the task killer:
amazon starts up, taking up CPU/battery
amazon sits idle in memory NOT taking up CPU/battery
END OF STORY

Automated task killers, widgets, live wallpapers, apps that use CPU in the background all take up resources so the OS is forced to close your browser. When you go back to your browser, it has to bootstrap itself and render the pages again from the local cache.

Get rid of stuff you don't need on your phone if it uses CPU continuously/periodically in the background. Don't kill tasks. Don't use antivirus. You don't need to worry about stock apps that are loaded up and sit idly in the background.