Browser question

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
When I am on a web page on my Droid (DroidForums included) and hit the back button, it takes me back to the top of the previous page, instead of the point I left from. I recently started using Chrome on my PC after reading Froyo would have some new cloud connections. Chrome does the same thing. IE takes you back to the spot you left from.

Are there any fixes for Chrome or Droid browser?

CBLJazz

Reaction score
What benefits do you have over the non-stock app browsers like
DOLPHIN HD, SKYFIRE, XSCOPE?

ben360923

Reaction score
When I am on a web page on my Droid (DroidForums included) and hit the back button, it takes me back to the top of the previous page, instead of the point I left from. I recently started using Chrome on my PC after reading Froyo would have some new cloud connections. Chrome does the same thing. IE takes you back to the spot you left from.

hey fun, you said back button, did you mean home button? I have xScope ( paid version ) and I love it! When I hit the home button, and then pull browser back up, it returns to page I was on. I am not real technical, but will be glad to help , if i can!

tameone

Reaction score
He means back button.

He is doing this:

Scroll half way down a page, click a link.
Let link load, press back button.
Returns to TOP of original page, not half way where the link was located.

Don't know of a fix.

ShowTime

Reaction score

Instead of just clicking links, press and hold on them. When the menu pops up, select Open in New Window. Then, when you're done, you'll hit back and it will close the new window and you'll find yourself at the exact same spot on the previous page.

droijo

Reaction score
The good thing about Android is if you don't like how a native app works, there are usually always better free/paid ones on the market. In your case, xscope, skyfire, dolphin, etc. Just do a search.