Browser Question

bjlaird

Reaction score
How do I get my Browser to always open on the saved Home Page?

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
A few options, close ALL windows before exiting, this will load the homepage.

Press back a bunch of times until you get to the homepage, then press home.

Use a "task killer" type app to end the browser session when you're done. This will force it to reload the homepage when opened.

OP
B

bjlaird

Reaction score
Then what's the point of setting a Home Page in the browser?

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
You have to pick and choose.

If, every time you left the browser, it reset to the homepage, wouldn't you be pissed if you'd pressed home to check another app or do something else while you were in the middle of typing a post here or reading something that you're not sure how you found in the first place?

The phone's automatic memory/power saving system will close the browser completely after a certain period of inactivity (I'm not sure how long).

If you wait THAT long you'll see the homepage.

Bottom line, the homepage is for when you first launch the browser, but because the Droid multi-tasks, it can't be sure if you're trying to EXIT the browser, or just go take a look at something else on your phone and come right back to what you were doing in the browser.

You could also just open a new window and then press home. As long as you don't have new windows set to open in the background, you'll see your homepage when you open the browser again.

OP
B

bjlaird

Reaction score
You could also just open a new window and then press home. As long as you don't have new windows set to open in the background, you'll see your homepage when you open the browser again.

This was helpful information. Thank You.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
No problem! Just remember to close some windows once in a while, or you'll be back where you started.

If you don't know how to see how many you have open (I'm sure you already do), press menu, then windows. To close any window, just clicked the X on the right side.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk