Browser problems...

mrrogers2

Reaction score
Im not too happy with the stock browser for this razr. Can't figure out how to make the text fit to screen for most websites. Seems to work for a few sites.Tried installing dolphin and had the same problem.

anyone having this same issue?

OP
M

mrrogers2

Reaction score
...or can anyone tell me what the best alternative browser app is?

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
I like the stock one my self.

First I turn the phone horizontal for web browsing. Then I either double tap the article I want to read, or pinch to zoom and then double tap to format the text. Hope that helps.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

ambrown

Reaction score
Well up until you said you already tried dolphin I was going to suggest that one. I'm currently using dolphin for my Incredible and it works pretty well, resizes text just as well as the HTC Sense stock browser. Plus the tab system is easier. You could try playing with the settings, I think there is the option to determine the auto wrap(the feature that auto resizes text).

Sent from my Droid Incredible on 2.3.4 using the DroidForums app

ambrown

Reaction score
Also you get a bunch more options on the stock browser if you type "about:debug" into the URL bar(make sure it doesn't have the http://www. in front if it), and suddenly you have access to more settings than before. I would try that and look for auto wrap if your browser supports that feature.

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Also you get a bunch more options on the stock browser if you type "about:debug" into the URL bar(make sure it doesn't have the http://www. in front if it), and suddenly you have access to more settings than before. I would try that and look for auto wrap if your browser supports that feature.

Which phones does this apply?

posted tomorrow using the space time continuum app on my D1...

ambrown

Reaction score
Which phones does this apply?

Typing in "about:debug" should apply to all stock android browsers regardless of manufacturer or hardware and it will give you other options. I'm not so sure about what phones support auto text wrapping though. I know HTC phones should have it but I'm not as familiar with Motorola phones.

mkemvp32

Reaction score
COOL. I can confirm it works on the OG. After more than two years, OG is still full of surprises

OP
M

mrrogers2

Reaction score
Thanks people. I didnt know about the double tap. I didn't need to do that with my incredible. one more question is I can't figure out how to browse full websites (not mobile).incredible seemed to have an option in the settings for this, but didn't see that option on the default or dolphin

Oaklands

Reaction score
Thanks people. I didnt know about the double tap. I didn't need to do that with my incredible. one more question is I can't figure out how to browse full websites (not mobile).incredible seemed to have an option in the settings for this, but didn't see that option on the default or dolphin

Dolphin does it. Go into the settings and change user agent to desktop.

jguinn2005

Reaction score
Just have to say "about:debug" was pretty cool. Love the settings you can find even when you're not rooted!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
COOL. I can confirm it works on the OG. After more than two years, OG is still full of surprises

Did you type "about:debug" without quotes?
Nothing for me on D1

smack

Reaction score
I use dolphin HD It has tabs like firefox and seems to be fairly stable. Firefox also has a mobile browser, but I have never tried it

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
I use dolphin HD It has tabs like firefox and seems to be fairly stable. Firefox also has a mobile browser, but I have never tried it

Firefox is big. I can't run it on my d1. Our dinc2 runs it. I bet any of the newer phones would.

marlonvps

Reaction score
I guess this is a problem with the network settings of the previous SIM card.
The APN has to be added either through a push message from the operator or manually.

Put back the earlier SIM and wait for the operator to push the settings, or if you know them you can manually update them @ Settings -> Wireless and Network -> Mobile Networks -> Access Point Names

Hope this helps.