Browser problem

droi

Reaction score
I have been having this problem since I updated to my Droid to 2.1, my browser opens and immediately closes. After playing with it, I realized that I needed to clear the cache and data in order for it to work again, it seems to happen after I have been on a wifi connection. Has anyone else has been experiencing this?

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I'm on wifi pretty constantly while at home, and use the browser a LOT, but haven't noticed an issue like you describe...How are you launching the browser? From the app drawer, a homescreen shortcut, or from a "dock bar" like in a hkme replacement app?

If you've only tried opening one way, try another and see if it's still happening.

Is this the ONLY issue you've noticed since the update?

OP
D

droi

Reaction score
From a home screen shortcut and I use Helix launcher. So far that's the only problem I have encountered.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
From a home screen shortcut and I use Helix launcher. So far that's the only problem I have encountered.

To create that shortcut, did you drag that icon out of the app drawer, or long-press on the homescreen and select "shortcuts"...or did you add it to the launcher bar at the bottom?

If you have it in the launcher bar, how did you add it there? (basically, did you pull it from the app drawer into the bar, or did you create and/or use something like bettercut to edit the shortcut?)

I'll try to see if I can recreate your issue on my own phone. I'm running Helix as well.

However, I DID do a factory reset because of other issues, and I'm wondering if that could fix your problem as well, but I'd hate for you to have to set everything back up because of ONE issue, so hopefully it's something more simply!