1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Browser not auto-fitting pages anymore...

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by Mr X, Aug 16, 2010.

1. Mr X

Mr X New Member

It's been almost exactly one month since I got my phone and have had nothing but great times with it.. until recently, when it just stopped auto-fitting pages in the browser. The worst part is that in overview I can see the text scaled down into columns that look like they'd fit perfectly on the screen, but when I tap to zoom in on them, they don't fit.

I seem to have stumbled across a *possible* fix here, but I can't get into the .apk to set the permission:

Has anyone else been having this issue and if so, how did you fix it? Or I guess another question would be - how exactly do I change the permissions of browser.apk using Root Explorer?
  2. aminaked

aminaked New Member

Well, a great workaround is to use another browser. Dolphin hd will layout text w/ a doubletap after zoom. Xscope does it automatically.

As a bonus, both browsers have tabs and u can set the user agent to computer/desktop.
Search tags for this page

android auto-fit pages

android browser auto fit pages

auto fit pages galaxy s4

auto-fit pages android

autofit web page galaxy s4

dolphin autofit not working

dolphin browser auto fit text
fillting browser apk
fix chrome web pages don't fit screen galaxy s4 help

galaxy s4 autofit text

how to make text fit page on droid 4 browser