Browser Lag Fix

beer4meyayy

Reaction score
When i got my droid I noticed how laggy the browser was and did some research. People said how in 2.0 when u actually scrolled around the browser would turn off anti aliasing and as soon as you stopped scrolling it would kick it back on... thats what made scrolling in 2.0 so fluid... 2.0.1 keeps anti aliasing on all the time which makes things alot choppier than they were in 2.0.

Anyways my point is those who are wanting an easy fix just need to download the milestone browser from the droid hacks forum... Milestone browser makes anti aliasing turn off when u scroll. As soon as I downloaded it i saw how much smoother it was. You can actually look close and see how the pictures blur when u scroll. Dolphin and XScope or any other browser from the market does not turn off the anti aliasing when u scroll that is why they also lag.

Im just letting people know its a temporary fix plus the pinch zoom is nice.... Browser lag pisses me off and ive been looking for a fix for ever...

visit this thread

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-hacks/17207-milestone-browser-terminal-emulator.html

gentlefury

Reaction score
When i got my droid I noticed how laggy the browser was and did some research. People said how in 2.0 when u actually scrolled around the browser would turn off anti analysing and as soon as you stopped scrolling it would kick it back on... thats what made scrolling in 2.0 so fluid... 2.0.1 keeps anti analysing on all the time which makes things alot choppier than they were in 2.0.

Anyways my point is those who are wanting an easy fix just need to download the milestone browser from the droid hacks forum... As soon as I downloaded it i saw how much smoother it was. You can actually look close and see how the pictures blur when u scroll.

Im just letting people know its a temporary fix plus the pinch zoom is nice.... Browser lag pisses me off and ive been looking for a fix for ever...

visit this thread

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-hacks/17207-milestone-browser-terminal-emulator.html

yup i got the milestone browser and it is SO AWESOME! Dolphin is gone!

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
yeah the milestone browser is 10x better than the stock browser...that lag got on my nerves more than anything, but now i dont have the lag so my Droid has absolutely 0 problems!!! :)

OP
B

beer4meyayy

Reaction score
Idk why some people say there browser isnt laggy on 2.0.1 ... maybe they came from crappy phones or have never experienced 2.0 browsing... its definitely alot closer to how my itouch browsing experience was... dam amazing

R1Lover

Reaction score
I'm not sure what you guys are referring to as lag, but my normal browser works just like any of the others from what I can tell, I have tried 3 of them so far.

OP
B

beer4meyayy

Reaction score
as in when u scroll up and down.... when u go on webpages with alot of pictures... scrolling becomes choppy... have u ever browsed the web from an iphone or ipod touch?

It makes everything smooth as butter

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
yeah i had 2.0 when i first got my droid and there was definitely a difference in the browsers whenever 2.0.1 came out...but i really shouldnt be complaining since i had a BB Storm 1 before i got my droid!! 2.0.1 was actually lightyears away from the Storm! or even the Storm 2 for that matter!!

HMJB

Reaction score
Yep, when I got my droid, 2.0 the browser scrolling up and down was insanely fast.. then the update to 2.01 came.. BAM Browser Lag scrolling :/

Anyways, yeah I use the milestone browser now.

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Thats not a fix. A workaround, perhaps.

The milestone browser has its own bugs. You don't have to go far on alldroid to see that.

adrynalyne

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I actually have a question. If this is a fix, then why wouldn't running Dolphin provide the same results? It too has this lagging issue.