Browser is slow loading and cranky

jgreg

Reaction score
Very frustrating sometimes. Good connection but browser churns and churns but won't load. Have cleared cache and history but doesn't help. Turning off and back on sometimes works. Any thoughts?

Thanks.

lyam

Reaction score
I've found my browser gets cranky like this if I haven't rebooted my phone recently. Clearing the cache isn't enough, in my experience. In fact, since I began rebooting my phone regularly many of the issues I've had with my Droid have vanished.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
are you rooted?

if yes, what ROM?

Am not rooted. Quite honestly don't know how to do that. Have read about you folks doing it. Would it help?

Just asking so I can eliminate possible factors...

Does the browser do this over 3g? wi-fi? both?

If it's on 3g, have you had the chance to (while in the same location) connect to wi-fi to see if it loads faster... in which case would lead me to believe it's a signal issue.

have you done *288 option 2 lately? (update PRL's)

OP
J

jgreg

Reaction score
are you rooted?

if yes, what ROM?

Am not rooted. Quite honestly don't know how to do that. Have read about you folks doing it. Would it help?

Just asking so I can eliminate possible factors...

Does the browser do this over 3g? wi-fi? both?

If it's on 3g, have you had the chance to (while in the same location) connect to wi-fi to see if it loads faster... in which case would lead me to believe it's a signal issue.

have you done *288 option 2 lately? (update PRL's)

Wosre on 3G. Also happens on wi-fi some. Tell me more about * 288

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
*228 option 2...

it updates your Preferred Roaming List (PRL)
basically updating your phone with the most update-to-date information regarding cell towers around you... thus ensuring the best possible signal.

OP
J

jgreg

Reaction score
*228 option 2...

it updates your Preferred Roaming List (PRL)
basically updating your phone with the most update-to-date information regarding cell towers around you... thus ensuring the best possible signal.

Update done. Thanks. Will try for a couple of days and see if it helps.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I've found 3G can be finicky.... some places just seem to slow down my internet connection as well. So rest assured you're not alone.

See how your phone does since you've done the PRL update... hopefully it improves.

OP
J

jgreg

Reaction score
I've found 3G can be finicky.... some places just seem to slow down my internet connection as well. So rest assured you're not alone.

See how your phone does since you've done the PRL update... hopefully it improves.

Any thoughts on the Skyfire browser? Thanks.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score

I used it for a bit... but went back to the stock browser... I found it faster. But that was just in my instance.

Xscope is a browser that has gotten rave reviews by most who used it. I'd give that one a try if you're looking for an alternative browser.

OP
J

jgreg

Reaction score

I used it for a bit... but went back to the stock browser... I found it faster. But that was just in my instance.

Xscope is a browser that has gotten rave reviews by most who used it. I'd give that one a try if you're looking for an alternative browser.

Trying the 6 now. Working good. See how it does over the weekend. Thanx for the help.