browser flash on HTC vs MOTO

txter

Reaction score
My friend has an HTC EVO 4G LTE and I have the Droid 4. We are both on ICS 4.0.4. Im wondering why when he goes online that his native browser can support flash and no matter what web browser I use, I can not get any flash to play on my phone no matter if its photos or videos.
Any ideas?

silverfang77

Reaction score
ICS doesn't support Flash at all. If he's able to watch videos, the sites must be using HTML5.

sherri

Silver Member
Reaction score
ICS supports flash on native browser. I have RAZR Maxx and it works. Make sure you have Adobe Flash installed. If you can't find it in market, let me know and I will get you the apk. It is in XDA forums, but searching can be tedious.

Flash does not work in JB, on any browser I have tried. Site I use to test is ABC.com. Tried to play full episode. Works on my stock ROM slot (ICS) but not my custom ROM (Full Throttle Killer Bean AOKP).

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2

silverfang77

Reaction score
Wow! I reinstalled Flash and tried CBSNews on full desktop site and it actually works! I don't know why people slam the native browser since it actually supports Flash under ICS while the third party ones don't.

Thanks for the tip!

silverfang77

Reaction score
I used desktop mode because in mobile mode, the sites send the videos to my phone to play locally instead of in browser.

Tappin' and talkin' with Tapatalk.

silverfang77

Reaction score
CBS and ABC both send to phone.

Tappin' and talkin' with Tapatalk.

OP
txter

txter

Reaction score
I use 2 browsers. The stock and browser+. Neither will play. I have 2 examples to give. I opened up facebook to show a friend a video I had on there. It wouldn't play on my droid4. I just seem to get that little Lego block. So I copied the URL and txtd it to his phone, opened it up and played it on his phone just fine. Both of us used our stock browsers with flash enabled in mobile mode. The other day I opened a website to a local doctors office to show my girlfriend what the office looked like. They had a photo gallery of their place. Again, I got that Lego block. So once again I txtd the site to her, opened it up and saw all the pictures. She has a Sammy Galaxy on T-Mobile. I'm no noob at this. With my DROID and DROID 2 I used to fiddle around with custom rooms and cooked up a few just as a hobby. I've done more than just check the settings over and over again. The only difference I see here is hardware.