Browser FC'ng after UD1 upgrade

r8rfan1010

Reaction score
Is anyone else having Force Closes when closing browser windows after UD1 upgrade?

Motorola Droid 1
UD1.0.0

haledroid

Reaction score
settings > ud settings > modified apps >

reinstall the stock browser or the modified one to see if that helps.

If not go to settings > ud settings > quick commands > fix permissions

Did you wipe before installing this rom?

drpaul07

Reaction score
sorry i didn't offer any suggestions to fix..i've just read everywhere that this is a known issue. someone mentioned it, and then others have confirmed it..i haven't read if there is a fix yet.

Edit: so i just tested it myself. And yes, when the last browser window is closed, the browser force closes.

OP
R

r8rfan1010

Reaction score
The

settings > ud settings > modified apps >

reinstall the stock browser or the modified one to see if that helps. FIXED THE PROBLEM!!

Thank you!

Boostjunky

Reaction score
The problem is limited to the modified browser. The stock browser works just fine. When you load the ROM on your phone, for some reason (it may have been intentional) the modified browser is loaded by default.

As stated above, going into [Settings > UD settings > Modified Apps] and installing the stock browser will fix the problem.

Of course, if you've installed a theme, and the themer used the modified browser when porting/making the theme for the ROM, you will lose the Theme'ing from the Browser application. Not a huge deal, but if you're picky like I am, you will notice it, and it will bug you. It makes the Theme feel incomplete.

To remedy this, I ported the .png images from the themed modified browser to the stock browser after switching.

drpaul07

Reaction score
The problem is limited to the modified browser. The stock browser works just fine. When you load the ROM on your phone, for some reason (it may have been intentional) the modified browser is loaded by default.

As stated above, going into [Settings > UD settings > Modified Apps] and installing the stock browser will fix the problem.

Of course, if you've installed a theme, and the themer used the modified browser when porting/making the theme for the ROM, you will lose the Theme'ing from the Browser application. Not a huge deal, but if you're picky like I am, you will notice it, and it will bug you. It makes the Theme feel incomplete.

To remedy this, I ported the .png images from the themed modified browser to the stock browser after switching.

cool. thanks for the info.