Browser Decision: Dolphin, Chrome or ICS+

Z06_Mir

Reaction score
I liked Dolphin, until I tried Chrome. Chrome for me.

daimien

Reaction score
Chrome for me I used it on my s3 my tablet and pc and laptop I love it

nakedbrowser

Reaction score
Perhaps you'd like Naked Browser. I designed it to be as fast and small as I could make it yet still have plenty of features like undo close tab and one finger zoom. It's free and there are not even any ads. There's also no spying, tracking, or monitoring of any kind--which is unlike many of the browsers out there. I'm thinking of one day offering a pro or donate version but for now it's just my little altruistic project.

Usuallyfaded

Reaction score
I have used all the notable browsers and given each at least a week of usage to be as fair as possible. Here we go.

Maxthon. Fast efficient yet I didn't like the feel. B Its good.

Dolphin. The staple I used for years. It became cumbersome. B+

Chrome. Sleek and optimized. Love it. A

Firefox. The sleeper hit. Been using it for a week. Rebuilt and excellent, give it a try. A

I left out the more numerous and predominantly bland. These are my opinions based on heavy usage on builds from gingerbread (last year) ICS and currently a jelly bean ROM.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

OP
Tailgun

Tailgun

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S3
It seems each has their drawbacks, although all are quite good. I didn't like the fact Dolphin lacked a simple one-button incognito mode. However, Dolphin boasted an add-on that could instantly switch pages to Desktop mode from the side drawer, along with some nice other features. I also like the way Dolphin plays streaming video better than the others. But of course Chrome and ICS+ had the bookmarks feature that ported everything over from the desktop.

In the end I am giving Chrome an extended try and see if I can live with its limitations.

MattE303

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S5
I can agree with that, Chrome does seem to drain battery a bit faster than Maxthon or stock. But, if you use Chrome on your PC as well, there are some nifty features, like sharing bookmarks.
I do use Chrome on the desktop and would really like to use it as my primary Android browser, but I too noticed more battery drain with it, and that's a deal killer on a phone that may or may not make it thru the day, depending on how heavy my usage is.

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
I have used all the notable browsers and given each at least a week of usage to be as fair as possible. Here we go.

Maxthon. Fast efficient yet I didn't like the feel. B Its good.

Dolphin. The staple I used for years. It became cumbersome. B+

Chrome. Sleek and optimized. Love it. A

Firefox. The sleeper hit. Been using it for a week. Rebuilt and excellent, give it a try. A

I left out the more numerous and predominantly bland. These are my opinions based on heavy usage on builds from gingerbread (last year) ICS and currently a jelly bean ROM.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Interesting, one thing I liked about Maxthon was the feel, since it could be simplified or bulky with features. If Firefox gets an A there's no way Maxthon only gets a B!! :p

detroitwilly

Reaction score
I enjoy having my chrome mirrored to my home computers and tabs, but I'm starting to wonder if thats really what I want. I have nothing to hide, but I really don't need my wife who is working all day with chrome open to read every little thing that I google through out the day.

I also don't feel like signing on and off all day on my phone.

Will having 2 browsers cause conflict on my phone, or drain more battery or data?

Any recommendations are appreciated.

Last edited:

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
It will not cause conflict and I highly suggest Maxthon. Otherwise read through the thread.

EricUnLtd

Reaction score
The stock browser is actually pretty good. I personally love Chrome though. I switch between the two, but use Chrome more.

OP
Tailgun

Tailgun

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S3
I have been using Chrome exclusively for months now. It's pretty great, even without the bells and whistles of Dolphin. My only beef with Chrome right now is that it has been consistently crashing every time I attempt to copy and paste text.

illustions

Reaction score
i been reading every ones post ive also havent made a decission on wich browser to use ive use chrome and stock on my s3 but ive use dolphin on my droid 1 rooted but this fone is much supperior to my old fone so i would have to give it a try again on dolphin aswell as maxthon i dont have a laptop so chrome thus i wont enjoy the chrome sync feature ..thnx to all that have posted now i must go back and do further research on wat browser to use as of now im sticking to stock

illustions

Reaction score
im on maxthon right now it keeps crashing and I have to click on the web links several times before it even starts loading