Browser Battle?

kristoff125

Reaction score
There's a couple, Xscope, Dolphin, Steel, and Stock, I assume others but those are the 4 I've used, I personally prefer steele because it's the cleanest, what are the advantages of the browsers you use?

Last edited:
M

Matth3w

xScope - quick, to the point, minimal interface, works fine, personally I think it's fugly

Dolphin - nice looking, full of bloat though, some people say it lags, haven't personally had that problem, some odd locations of important things (for example, getting to the bookmarks is not very user friendly)

Stock - personally my favorite but no multi touch

Imported Milestone MT browser - absolutely my favorite, however, keyboard lags when typing on a forum such as this one that is ran by vB code...not sure if this is due to it being an imported code from another phone or if the stock one on the Milestone is this way as well

Haven't tried the Steele, I might have to look into it. I bought both Dolphin and xScope but personally I prefer Dolphin at the moment. Ultimately I don't really care much for either at the moment. Hoping for an update to xScope or mobile FireFox to come out so I can switch.

OP
K

kristoff125

Reaction score
Try steel and give me an opinion on how it compares to the others

M

Matth3w

Alright, I'll go download it now.

PS - Your phone says Bugless "beats" not Beast haha ;)

joeymoose

Reaction score
Haha, that's because he's DJ Pauly from the Shore. MT Milestone is my favorite.

OP
K

kristoff125

Reaction score
All the discussions about browsers I've seen, I never seem to see steel mentioned.

M

Matth3w

Steel is my new default browser.

- Favorites easy to access...check
- Minimal bloat...check
- The bars aren't just some single pixel line (although they aren't special but still...better than xScope)...check

Only downfall is no multi touch.

Works for me.

OP
K

kristoff125

Reaction score
Steel is my new default browser.

- Favorites easy to access...check
- Minimal bloat...check
- The bars aren't just some single pixel line (although they aren't special but still...better than xScope)...check

Only downfall is no multi touch.

Works for me.

See why I don't understand why noone else uses it, it's a bit buggy sometimes, but overall it works nicely for me, I like the fullscreen that just uses the screen for the browser, not buttons and other bull****.

M

Matth3w

I guess I should check to see how it performs on the forum before I make my final decision.

OP
K

kristoff125

Reaction score
Multitouch is overrated, I think the zoom on it works fine, either doubletap to zoom in / our, or hold and wait for the zoom to appear. So steel > others other than multitouch?

joeymoose

Reaction score
I can't give a real answer without really using it. So far, so good.