Browser 'back' buttom?

n2aative1

Reaction score
When I hit the 'back' button on the bottom of the phone to go to the previous browser page, I end up on top of the page...kind of annoying when your clicking on links and then have to scroll all the way back down to where you left on the previous page. Is this just my phone or have others experienced this? If not, is there a setting I'm missing? Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

rothenbj

Reaction score
When I hit the 'back' button on the bottom of the phone to go to the previous browser page, I end up on top of the page...kind of annoying when your clicking on links and then have to scroll all the way back down to where you left on the previous page. Is this just my phone or have others experienced this? If not, is there a setting I'm missing? Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Long press the back key. You should get a list of pages you visited and pick the one you want to go back to.

OP
N

n2aative1

Reaction score
Thank you for your response, although its not exactly what I was looking for that is something that I didn't know and will be very useful tip..thanks! When your looking at a web page where you have to scroll down to click a link and your directed to that new page, when your done an hit the back button to go back to the original page you are at the top of the page instead of where you clicked on the link toward the bottom. I know the LG dare went back to the previous visable part of the page that you where looking at. I know explanation could be clearer, but hopefully it made sense.

Droids

Reaction score
This happens with me too and I find it annoying. Keep thinking I'm missing something obvious here, but if it happens to everyone else...

rjw0501

Reaction score
same here....if im deep into one web page with pictures, links, etc ...i have to keep hitting the back button,to get back to the google search page.

Am I missing something, if so please help.

-Bob

nate94gt

Reaction score
yeah, its pretty gay. firefox comes out soon though, so we'll see how thats implemented

superglen99

Reaction score
same thing happens here but to avoid this I hit the menu and open new window for the link, that way the page I am originally viewing stays where I want it to :)

OP
N

n2aative1

Reaction score
Just figured it out...longpress the link and choose 'open in new window' and when your done with link, just hit the back button and it takes right back to the previous page where you left off! Thanks Superdave...I mean Superglen!

myriad46

Reaction score
Great tips! Thanks. Another frustration I have is that in every other application, the back button, "backs" you out of it, where in the browser it just brings you back a page. The alternative is to hit the home key, if you want to use another app, it's just a hard reflex to overcome. A shortcut to "Windows" would be nice on the main screen, similar to how the zoom controls show up when you touch the screen. It might facilitate better use of the windows feature.