Browser and Spreadsheet app suggestions?

Dan.Droid

Reaction score
I was looking for a good browser and spreadsheet program for my droid. For the browser, I had been hearing good things about Dolphin until lately, something about malware in the app. Does anybody know if that's actually true? What is the best browser app?

For the spreadsheet, I use OpenOffice.org on my laptop, but I also have Works in terms of compatibility. It does not have to be a free app, though I would obviously prefer that.

mad3963

Reaction score
I was looking for a good browser and spreadsheet program for my droid. For the browser, I had been hearing good things about Dolphin until lately, something about malware in the app. Does anybody know if that's actually true? What is the best browser app?

For the spreadsheet, I use OpenOffice.org on my laptop, but I also have Works in terms of compatibility. It does not have to be a free app, though I would obviously prefer that.

I use Dolphin and have not experienced any issues with it at all.

For spreadsheets, Documents To Go is the best. Full version currently $14.99 until 12/31/09, regularly $29.99.

If you have OpenOffice format docs, OffiViewer will let you view these. Works very well also.

mikespe

Reaction score
For the browser, I had been hearing good things about Dolphin until lately, something about malware in the app. Does anybody know if that's actually true? What is the best browser app?

Been using Dolphin for sometime and heard nothing about malware...I would be interested to know if anyone has more information on this

I'm using the full version of Documents to Go. I got it when it was on sale for $9.99 which is a steal. It reads AND edits AND creates new spreadsheets, powerpoints, word documents. It also reads and edits PDF's (not sure if I can create a new PDF with it.?) It is still on sale but for $14.99 which is still a good price for what it does.

phone

Reaction score
Firefox is suppose to be coming out fairly soon, called Fennec. I'm looking forward to that. I haven't really used Dolphin enough to really comment, but the only thing I've seen is suggestions for RSS feeds popping up, IIRC in the status bar, or was it the browser frame?
The browser seemed to work well enough.

Documents To Go is probably one of the best to handle spreadsheets. It was on sale a few weeks ago, don't know if it still is.

PDA Software - BlackBerry Software, iPhone Software, iPod touch Software, Palm OS Software, webOS Software, Google Android Software, Windows Mobile Software, Windows Smartphone Software, Symbian S60 Software - Developed By DataViz

OP
D

Dan.Droid

Reaction score
I actually saw the Dolphin comments here, first, then back-tracked them a bit. Most of the complaints seemed to be coming from users of other Android OS phones, mainly Sprint users. I know that what happens over Sprint networks are separate from Verizon because of differing protocols, but there were a few from Verizon complaining, too. I even saw a post or two about it here a few weeks ago, though that was only one poster commenting and a few others doing the 'omg, i use dolphin' freakout.

So, it looks like my worries are unfounded on Dolphin, so I will d/l it today. Documents to go looks really good, too. I will start with the free version, I think that should do what I need. I shouldn't need to actually edit the speadsheets on the phone, just be able to show them.

Thanks for being patient with me, guys. I'm new to smartphones and get a little paranoid when I hear things like that (dolphin comments).