1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Browse whole file structure from Bluetooth Received?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Githlar, Nov 8, 2009.

1. Githlar

Githlar Guest

When I first got my phone on the 6th I was playing around with it and I was messing around with placing folders on the home screen. I drug Bluetooth Received on the home screen and opened it. When I opened it I found that I was able to browse the phone's whole file system! Not the SD card, the whole phone! I didn't think much of it at the time until I started reading up on rooting Android phones and I went to try it again and I can't seem to figure out how I did it in the first place. I'm guessing it was just a sequence of events that let me do it that I can't replicate. One thing that I do remember is that when I put Bluetooth Recieved on the home screen it appeared just as it does in the folders section (that is a tan folder with a bluetooth logo in the corner of the folder) instead of just the big Bluetooth logo. I just thought I might throw this out on a forum so maybe somebody will figure out how to do this. In the mean time, I'm going to keep trying myself =)
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2009
  2. New2u

New2u Super Moderator

Yeah with the file managers you can see all files on the system, all of them. The problem is that all but the ones on the SD card are mounted on a file system that only allows read rights to it, so you can't change the files or file structure.
  3. Githlar

Githlar Guest

The weird thing is that the standard view in the Bluetooth received shows nothing but what is in that folder, but somehow when I did this it had . and .. options and I was able to view the file system. I was thinking that perhaps if I could figure out how to do this that I might be able to start a telnetd or something to get a terminal? I don't know yet, but it's worth a shot.
Search tags for this page
bluetooth browse file for android
bluetooth file structure

bluetooth received

bluetooth received folder android

bluetooth received folder appeared
bluetooth received folder appeared on android phone
bluetooth recieved
browse sdcard files bluetooth phone
change bluetooth file storage in android
do android phones come prestocked with a bluetooth received
hot to delete bluetooth received files