Broken?

X_TAC23

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Two days ago I installed 2.2 froyo on my phone, everything went well. Didnt have time to put the kernal on so i left it like it was. When i was browsing around i seen an update to the 2.2 so i got it downloaded, Installed it to sd card, and did the same with the kernal. I go to try and reboot into recovery and i cant nothing happens no recovery no nothing what do i do i cant call customer support and tell them "hey i cant get into recovery on my droid give me a new one" so i need you guys. please help.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Two days ago I installed 2.2 froyo on my phone, everything went well. Didnt have time to put the kernal on so i left it like it was. When i was browsing around i seen an update to the 2.2 so i got it downloaded, Installed it to sd card, and did the same with the kernal. I go to try and reboot into recovery and i cant nothing happens no recovery no nothing what do i do i cant call customer support and tell them "hey i cant get into recovery on my droid give me a new one" so i need you guys. please help.

X-Boot doesn't bring you to sprecovery? Does it bring you to the triangle original stock recovery screen?

Worst case? RSD Lite SPrecovery again, as per the original instructions you used. You have a backup to restore to if need be too, right? (once sprecovery is in place if you find you get stuck over and over again)

OP
X_TAC23

X_TAC23

Super Moderator
Reaction score
X-boot gets me nowhere but the M and then it eventually reboots on its own. i do have a back up. But i cant get in to restore it. how do i get back to sp recovery.

OP
X_TAC23

X_TAC23

Super Moderator
Reaction score
ok finally got into sprecovery. used clockwork to flash alternate recovery. im going to try to install the update again. thanks for getting my wheels turning.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
ok finally got into sprecovery. used clockwork to flash alternate recovery. im going to try to install the update again. thanks for getting my wheels turning.

Did it eventually "just worked" ? It's possible the battery was (or thought it was) low. When that happens you can't boot until it charges enough and it just boot cycles. Did you have to do something to finally get it to work? If so, let us know so others can do try the same if they too get stuck, thanks and glad it worked out!

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
Also if you are trying to go into recovery and are getting stuck at the M try clearing the download cache in ROM Manager. That was what was happening to me when I rooted my husbands phone. Once I cleared the download cache in RM I could get into recovery and had no more problems.