Broken volume button

Johnjkkjjkjj

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid turbo
My droid turbos volume down button does not work I have no warranty or anything on the phone so I cannot return it. I have taken out the volume button with the Sim card and it looks fine the volume up button also works perfectly. I was wondering if anyone had the same problem or knew what was wrong and how to fix it?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Did you look inside when you removed the sim tray, for any lint or debris??

I had a turbo since opening day..and didn't have this issue..but that's not saying anything...

Check for debris..you can't clear your cache through recover if volume down isn't working..and I doubt a fdr will help you....

So repairman...?? Call moto..they may know of the issue..but if you have moto fix it..it'll be warrantied..but there are a lot of electronic repair places that do good work..

And welcome to droid forums.

Last edited:

AgentNH

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo XT1254
I know this isn't the same button, but if you had a case, it may of pushed the button in too far, maybe breaking something. I had a case on my turbo, we took it off on day, found out the case had pushed the power button in and out ended up popping part of the back off. Just an different idea.