Broken Sreen

Gillard71

Reaction score
Shattered my screen with a slight drop. Guess i managed to drop it just right. But bought a replacement screen which I didn't think was super adhesived on the lcd display. In saying that I believe I broke my lcd. Which route should I take or is my phone just totally ruined. Any input would be great. It was stupid of me to try it myself but didn't want to go threw the hassel of insurance.

Thanks,

Justin

OP
G

Gillard71

Reaction score
I'm not sure I can claim insurance on a phone I have taken apart though. I could be wrong, but I'm just trying to get some info before i make the insurance claime.

OP
G

Gillard71

Reaction score
Sorry for the double post. But the digitizer is what I was replacing at the time. but the digitizer has an adhesive on it whichi by screen shattered and i wasnt about to get the digitizer off the lcd screen. I tried everything then it went down to have to scrape the small peice of glass off, which was taking so long and im not sure if i harmed the lcd screen.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Sorry for the double post. But the digitizer is what I was replacing at the time. but the digitizer has an adhesive on it whichi by screen shattered and i wasnt about to get the digitizer off the lcd screen. I tried everything then it went down to have to scrape the small peice of glass off, which was taking so long and im not sure if i harmed the lcd screen.

I would put the phone back together, contact Verizon about repair and hope for the best. You should NEVER open the phone unless you are willing to give up your warranty, know what you are doing, and can afford to buy a replacement if your repair goes terribly wrong.

phat6

Reaction score
i had my brand new razr for 4 days and the screen cracked over night. never dropped or anything verizon wouldnt touch it and sent me to motorola. after a week of them having my brand new phone they call me to say it will be 110+ tax to fix the screen. if you have insureance i would use that route that is what im doing

pinoy_92

Reaction score
you will probably will have to go through insurance to get a replacement, but since you already opened it im not sure if they would replace it..

Laur3nNewm4n

Reaction score
On most phones, there's typically one of the screws with a sticker on it, that if you break the sticker, they can tell you opened it, and it voids the warranty.