Broken screen

OP
wardo

wardo

Reaction score
Just an update the new turbo I got from Verizon is ten times different than the first one. The screen is noticeably brighter side by side and its much faster all around. The keyboard works a lot better to.

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Makes you wonder if they knew this was an "issue" with this device. Can't say I ever recall a carrier or manufacturer automatically include a free screen
replacement on any device. Good luck Wardo, let us know how you make out.

S5 tap'n

HTC One has had a free replacement since the beginning

Sent from my Note 4

JDH

Reaction score
Just an update the new turbo I got from Verizon is ten times different than the first one. The screen is noticeably brighter side by side and its much faster all around. The keyboard works a lot better to.

how is this possible?

Last edited by a moderator:

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
It's not unheard of for two people to get a completely different experience from the same phone. Lemons do slip through the cracks whether it's a car or a smartphone.
It's just the luck of the draw.

S5 tap'n

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Thank mass production.. Solder connections that didn't get enough Flux or a bad tip on the machine. Or something hung up and overheated the board. Any number of things.. Glad you like this new one..

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
It's also very common for manufacturers to use more than one supplier for certain supporting components, general task ICs and such that do the background grunt work. One or another may perform somewhat differently and that can result in things such as different voltage or current levels going to the main components. That in turn can result in different performance or varying brightness in displays.

Although there are set tolerances for these components the results can still be within those tolerances and yet provide identifiable variances in actual performance. Another example of this is the displays themselves. They do go under scrutiny to meet specs for color, brightness, responsiveness, power consumption, etc., however again they are given a range that is acceptable. If within this range even if at one extreme or the other it is acceptable and yet you may be able to detect a difference when comparing them side by side.

At the retail sales floor if you take out 10 identical phones, power all 10 up at once and run them through the paces you may find considerable performance differences.

Sent from my Droid Turbo on Tapatalk.

OP
wardo

wardo

Reaction score
Reception and call quality are still horrible

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Since you just got it replaced, you might ask them if you could exchange it for a different make/model. I honestly don't see that as being a problem for you. There are at least a half dozen amazing flagship models currently out that are bound to give you everything you're looking for in a new device.
Afterall you've gotta live with it for the next 1-2 years, so you may as well be happy with what you've chosen.
Just my 2 cents of course. Good luck wardo....Keep us updated on what you decide.

S5 tap'n

OP
wardo

wardo

Reaction score
I want the s6 besides that there isn't anything else