Broken screen

ciesla

Reaction score
Dropped my thunderbolt yesterday, and sure enough the screen cracked.
It still works but looks horrible. Anyone have any ideas on how i could either get a replacement phone or something without paying 100 for insurance

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
No! And do not seek illegal options on this forum or I will close this thread!

Accident happen take the high road and anti up the $100 and keep legal.

OP
C

ciesla

Reaction score
never planned on doing anything illegal, just wasnt sure if verizon offered anything since its only been three days.

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Take it to them and ask. You're probably out $100, but it's worth asking.

Fullstop

Reaction score
Did you opt in for insurance when you purchased the phone?

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I doubt that VZW will do anything especially due to an accident on your part. You can call customer service or go the the store where you purchased and ask. Thankfully, you have the insurance.

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
I doubt that VZW will do anything especially due to an accident on your part. You can call customer service or go the the store where you purchased and ask. Thankfully, you have the insurance.

You never know -- they were nice enough to swap out a dog-chewed phone for me once, without insurance.

It's always worth asking about. All they can say is no.

OP
C

ciesla

Reaction score
well if verizon doesnt replace it for free im just gonna buy my self a new screen and fix it myself instead of blowing 100 dollars

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
well if verizon doesnt replace it for free im just gonna buy my self a new screen and fix it myself instead of blowing 100 dollars

Is losing your 1 year factory warranty worth saving $100? Especially on a brand new technology?

Just asking -- make sure you make an informed decision.

OP
C

ciesla

Reaction score
If I go with insurance. Then I can only use it one more time in the next 2 years.

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
If I go with insurance. Then I can only use it one more time in the next 2 years.

I dont think anyone here will tell you what to do, we just want you to make an informed choice.

OP
C

ciesla

Reaction score
I was just seeing if someone knew of something I didn't know about. Like some type of no questions asked 1 week warranty

streetstrip01

Reaction score
I know it's after the fact now.....

Most times you can get a better deal with insuring your phone through your homeowners policy.

Verizon has a $100 deductible, plus they give you a refurbished phone for ~$9 per month, then, will only cover certain "faults."

My homeowners policy insured my phone for $900 with $0 deductible, all faults covered, with a new phone for $27.19 per year

astang99

Reaction score
I'm curious, I dropped my TB onto my desk and cracked the screen, it still works looks horrible, though. Are all HTC phones this fragile, I'm worried if they are...

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

78racing

Reaction score
Most times you can get a better deal with insuring your phone through your homeowners policy.

Verizon has a $100 deductible, plus they give you a refurbished phone for ~$9 per month, then, will only cover certain "faults."

My homeowners policy insured my phone for $900 with $0 deductible, all faults covered, with a new phone for $27.19 per year

Who do you have your homeowners policy with and how do they classify it? I tried with my homeowners and they looked at me like I was from mars? Any info would be really appreciated. I broke the glass on my Tbolt and I am waiting for it to be returned.