Broken Screen...Unrooted But Need Help

silvere2

Reaction score
Hey guys, yesterday my touchscreen stopped working. I went to a verizon store, and they confirmed it indeed was not working, and agreed to send another droid out to me.

So today I flashed back to stock unrooted, but I can't get past the activation screen! The verizon store guy told me to bring it in next week when I get the new droid and he'll switch the numbers, will they care if its stuck on the activation screen? Anyway to get around it so it can look somewhat like a phone that hasn't just been flashed to stock? lol

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm not sure.

I do know however, when I exchanged my device I did a factory reset and never re-signed into my g-mail account. So it was at the activation screen.

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Well...you can tell them you just did a factory reset to wipe your data. Not sure if they have a program or anything to tell what version it's on.

OP
S

silvere2

Reaction score
Well...you can tell them you just did a factory reset to wipe your data. Not sure if they have a program or anything to tell what version it's on.

Does doing a factory reset void warranty?

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79

Does doing a factory reset void warranty?

No....factory reset is just to clear data off the phone. Its an option in settings so won't void warranty. Just make sure the su app is gone just flashing a stock rom might not have removed the su app. If you used rsd to flash it then you're good though.

Sent from my Droid using interplanetary communications that neither you or me could possibly understand. Cheers.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I've never tried it but the activation screen should let you touch the 4 corners of the screen and then bypass the activation process.

Before returning my phone I'd also do a factory reset, so you can say that's what you did. Is the screen non-functioning? Any reason why it won't take your gmail account?

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you have backups in either the nandroid or cloclworkmod folder you might want to make a copy on your computer then delete these files. Additionally, you should backup any photos or music. It will be easy to copy to your new SD card.

Mike

OP
S

silvere2

Reaction score
I've never tried it but the activation screen should let you touch the 4 corners of the screen and then bypass the activation process.

Before returning my phone I'd also do a factory reset, so you can say that's what you did. Is the screen non-functioning? Any reason why it won't take your gmail account?

Screen is non-functioning. Can't do the 4 corners trick to bypass the activation screen.

OP
S

silvere2

Reaction score
If you have backups in either the nandroid or cloclworkmod folder you might want to make a copy on your computer then delete these files. Additionally, you should backup any photos or music. It will be easy to copy to your new SD card.

Mike

Oh yeah, I should definitely delete the backups I have, lol. That might be a red flag. Thanks for the reminder mike.