1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Broken Screen...Unrooted But Need Help

Discussion in 'Rescue Squad Help' started by silvere2, Jul 24, 2010.

1. silvere2

silvere2 New Member

Hey guys, yesterday my touchscreen stopped working. I went to a verizon store, and they confirmed it indeed was not working, and agreed to send another droid out to me.

So today I flashed back to stock unrooted, but I can't get past the activation screen! The verizon store guy told me to bring it in next week when I get the new droid and he'll switch the numbers, will they care if its stuck on the activation screen? Anyway to get around it so it can look somewhat like a phone that hasn't just been flashed to stock? lol
  2. Martin030908

Martin030908 Super Moderator

I'm not sure.

I do know however, when I exchanged my device I did a factory reset and never re-signed into my g-mail account. So it was at the activation screen.
  3. titans

titans Premium Member Premium Member

Well...you can tell them you just did a factory reset to wipe your data. Not sure if they have a program or anything to tell what version it's on.
  4. silvere2

silvere2 New Member

Does doing a factory reset void warranty?
  5. jstafford1

jstafford1 Super Moderator

No....factory reset is just to clear data off the phone. Its an option in settings so won't void warranty. Just make sure the su app is gone just flashing a stock rom might not have removed the su app. If you used rsd to flash it then you're good though.

Sent from my Droid using interplanetary communications that neither you or me could possibly understand. Cheers.
  6. christim

christim Super Moderator

I've never tried it but the activation screen should let you touch the 4 corners of the screen and then bypass the activation process.

Before returning my phone I'd also do a factory reset, so you can say that's what you did. Is the screen non-functioning? Any reason why it won't take your gmail account?
  7. mwhartman

mwhartman Super Moderator/RS Premium Member

If you have backups in either the nandroid or cloclworkmod folder you might want to make a copy on your computer then delete these files. Additionally, you should backup any photos or music. It will be easy to copy to your new SD card.

Mike
  8. silvere2

silvere2 New Member

Screen is non-functioning. Can't do the 4 corners trick to bypass the activation screen.
  9. silvere2

silvere2 New Member

Oh yeah, I should definitely delete the backups I have, lol. That might be a red flag. Thanks for the reminder mike.
Search tags for this page

factory reset galaxy s4 with broken screen

samsung galaxy s3 unroot broken screen

screen busted on my droid 2. can i bypass first locvk