Broken Milestone, NEED HELP!

Darkprince

Reaction score
My phone started giving me "com.android.phone" error and I haven't been able to use it at all for the past two days.

I have tried loading several SBFs, old and new. Also before that I tried factory reset (camera + power), no use.

current status:
can't use touch screen at all.
phone crashes if I try to select emergency call (using the d-pad to navigate)

I have been looking everywhere for a solution but no use.

Help!

draziok

Reaction score
If completely formatting it and reflashing a stock rom doesn't fix it, your best bet is to get it repaired if its still under warranty

OP
D

Darkprince

Reaction score
Nandroid Backup/restore, does not work either

Thank you for your reply,

Yesterday, I tried a Nandroid Backup/restore, does not work either. Looks like my only chance is to take it for repair. I bought my phone from the UK but currently I'm in Saudi Arabia. This is going to be fun! :blink:

Does Motorola provide international warranty?
If yes, then before taking my phone to them I should re-flash the phone back to stock :icon_eek:

I don't want to do that, it's too much hastle and it's gonna take too much time. I wish there was a quicker way to solve it. If only I knew what the problem was, maybe I would be able to fix it myself. :r_c:

draziok

Reaction score
Have you tried booting it with no sim? How about a different sim?
I'm afraid that it is a possible hardware problem as reflashing a stock sbf would have fixed a software bug.

OP
D

Darkprince

Reaction score
Yes and Yes.

I was thinking the same thing, when the problem first started i thought that a simple flash or even a Factory reset would fix the problem but as I try more methods I get more convinced that it's a hardware problem, the touch screen to be exact.

aisvo

Reaction score
Maybe you flashed ROM that wasn't compatible with your phone's hardware.
You said you used Nandroid Recovery, have u tried using the ROM provided in this thread; (in the second post)
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/motorola-milestone/31296-how-get-2-1-your-milestone.html

Or if want to use RSDLite, I did find a few SBF files from this site,
motorola_milestone:sbf [And Developers]

EDIT : I did once flashed one ROM, and my soft button didn't work. I re-flashed my Milestone with another compatible ROM, and it works once again. Later I did found out, the problem is with wrong file permission (CHMOD) on certain system files. Maybe u should try Wipe Cache option in the recovery menu, before you flash any ROM in the phone.

Last edited: