Broken Links on Home Screen

Archrage

Reaction score
I have a broken app or widget link on my homescreen. It just displays a default android icon, and when i click on it, a message appears saying "Could not launch the requested activity."

Is there any way to figure out what that icon is supposed to do?

I realize that this seems like a dumb question, but I forgot what the app was supposed to point to and I would really like to figure this out.

itzkr0me

Reaction score
Were you using Titanium by any chance to restore anything? That happens when I run titanium restore and it restores a widget or app link and I haven't actually restored the application.

OP
Archrage

Archrage

Reaction score
I recently used Titanium to make a backup of all of my apps, but I haven't restored anything onto my phone in a while.

Do widgets sometimes stay after you uninstall an app on Cyanogen? Because thinking back on it, it may be a widget/shortcut to open ADW.Launcher cause I recently switched to Launch Pro and was using that to switch back and forth in order to finish replacing all of my apps and widgets.

Even so, a method of figuring out what a broken link leads to would be a bit of very handy knowledge.

turdbogls

Reaction score
what does the text below the icon say?

i have custom icons set up on mine, and when i flash to a new rom i sometimes have broken shortcut links, but it still says what it was under it. it usually means the app is not installed, and installing it will re-activate the link. you may have to re-start your launcher as well for it to show up correctly.

other than that, there really isnt anything you can do other than restoring a backup you have of your launcher (pretty sure LP and ADW both suport backups.)

OP
Archrage

Archrage

Reaction score
what does the text below the icon say?

i have custom icons set up on mine, and when i flash to a new rom i sometimes have broken shortcut links, but it still says what it was under it. it usually means the app is not installed, and installing it will re-activate the link. you may have to re-start your launcher as well for it to show up correctly.

other than that, there really isnt anything you can do other than restoring a backup you have of your launcher (pretty sure LP and ADW both suport backups.)

There we go. It was an shortcut for Chrome to Phone and turning the icon titles back on let me figure that out. Thanks for the idea on that.