broken Droid X, need help selling

OP
AnthOhKnee

AnthOhKnee

Reaction score
well looks like its alllllll over, finally got a text from verizon saying I need to turn my phone in to avoid full retail price.

First, watch the language we have a family friendly forum. I've fixed your post. And yes, of course you have to turn it into Verizon. Did you think this was going to be a windfall?

Sorry about that, and yeah because I've had my replacement for a week now and they've gave me no notices for my old one til now, plus they said it was useless

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
well looks like its alllllll over, finally got a text from verizon saying I need to turn my phone in to avoid full retail price.

First, watch the language we have a family friendly forum. I've fixed your post. And yes, of course you have to turn it into Verizon. Did you think this was going to be a windfall?

Sorry about that, and yeah because I've had my replacement for a week now and they've gave me no notices for my old one til now, plus they said it was useless

They should have sent you a label with your replacement phone. Do you still have the box? You put the old phone in there, call FedEx and have them pick it up for you.

Desicrator

Reaction score
AnthOhKnee said:
So I decided to take it to Verizon and tell them my effed up story and they couldn't even fix my phone and make it turn on, so I finally got my replacement Droid X

And we wonder why they put on a bootloader and lock our phones down

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Since you got a replacement...shouldnt you ought to send the "broken" one back to Verizon? Or did you pay out of pocket at full retail for a replacement?

No, they let me keep it, they say its useless

Bull, I call stolen. Verizon doesn't say "Keep it, its useless". My DX stopped powering on and was a brick. Wasn't the battery either and they still wanted it.

chefjellynow

Reaction score
you know what, you need to get that phone with the stock version on it or they WILL charge you full price. The motorola tech's will see that you tampered with it and will void your warrenty and charge you. thats how it is lol. your BEST BET to avoid paying anything is to get your broken phone back to normal, send back the replacement phone, then get the orig phone running again.

just my 2cents

skennelly

Reaction score
If you're still planning on selling it on ebay, this is what you say:

Slightly used paperweight: $2.00 OBO.

Sent from my DROID X in Western Illinois

Guyute

Reaction score
And people complain when they lock phones down. This is exactly why.

Desicrator

Reaction score
You could always fix it and keep it!? We have numerous guides, if you want I could grab some links.

do THIS instead of giving VZW and MOTO some more ammunition.

and if it is too complicated you should have had a better game plan before messing with your phone, I read Literally every thing there is to read about rooting and SBFing before I even did it once.

OP
AnthOhKnee

AnthOhKnee

Reaction score
Since you got a replacement...shouldnt you ought to send the "broken" one back to Verizon? Or did you pay out of pocket at full retail for a replacement?

No, they let me keep it, they say its useless

Bull, I call stolen. Verizon doesn't say "Keep it, its useless". My DX stopped powering on and was a brick. Wasn't the battery either and they still wanted it.

Trust me they thought it was useless, their idea of fixing it was taking the battery out and putting back in and also trying the system reset which doesn't work anyways. But who cares I have to send the phone back still

Desicrator

Reaction score
You would think big red would have some people and equipment in the back of the stores by now that allowed them to sbf or "repair" a basic issue with a phone.

yes, but one extra employee in every store to just SBF people phones? Why would Verizon Invest in that, when they can just nip it in the bud. Just apply a bootloader and continue to strengthen the security until they no longer have to worry about SBF'ing or Replacing.

Plus, I think that there would be file security stuff if the employees had access to that stuff, such as leaking SBF information or sharing ways to work around the bootloader.

PS. In no way am I on VZW's side I want an unlocked phone like the rest of you, I am just trying to look at it from VZW's perspective. Because If people keep pulling these stunts It would be a terrible business Idea to just allow it to happen, or come to our aid everytime.

BodyBagz

Reaction score