broken Droid X, need help selling

AnthOhKnee

Reaction score
Heres the deal, I let my friend root my Droid X, within an hour of my phone being rooted I decided to go crazy and search up a bunch of tutorials and stuff on how to download cool themes and all that. I tried downloading this one theme and it got my phone stuck in the Motorola reboot logo and it won't turn on. So I decided to take it to Verizon and tell them my effed up story and they couldn't even fix my phone and make it turn on, so I finally got my replacement Droid X and now I want to sell the broken one. Heres the thing though, I see people sell their broken Droid X's on ebay for like $100 but none of them are broken rooted Droid Xs then cant turn on. So is there anyway I can sell this piece of crap, if so how much and what should I say in the description?dancedroid

OP
AnthOhKnee

AnthOhKnee

Reaction score
You could always fix it and keep it!? We have numerous guides, if you want I could grab some links.
I mean if the tutorials are easy, then sure, cuz before bringing the phone to Verizon I tried a bunch of random stuff to have it running again and nothing worked, factory reset, flashing, nothing.

BodyBagz

Reaction score
Since you got a replacement...shouldnt you ought to send the "broken" one back to Verizon? Or did you pay out of pocket at full retail for a replacement?

Darkside86

Reaction score
If you want to sell me the phone, i'll buy it off you. I know how to SBF back to stock.lol

OP
AnthOhKnee

AnthOhKnee

Reaction score
Since you got a replacement...shouldnt you ought to send the "broken" one back to Verizon? Or did you pay out of pocket at full retail for a replacement?

No, they let me keep it, they say its useless

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

BodyBagz

Reaction score

No, they let me keep it, they say its useless

Well, in that case, pardon me for saying it this way...but, you would be an idiot for selling it "broken" when it "should" be able to be fixed with a bit of time, RSD Lite and a Full SBF file. Atleast then, if you get it back functional, you can sell it for more...:)

There are numerous people here on DF that can give you the guidance you need to get it back working...

MiggyxFresh

Reaction score
Lol people don't always know what they are doing and when they mess up there phones they panic and think the phone is useless I mean if you don't know what your fully doing why do it? That problem of yours is easily fixable lol ....just fix it geez

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Op check your pm.

carlz28

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
You might be able to keep the phone....but is the ESN still good? Meaning...if you get it working again can it still be.used on the network? Or has the phone been blacklisted as if it was a stolen/ lost phone.

Reaction score
Even if you did want to sell on ebay just be honest in your discription. Give details. You can say exactally what happened and whats going on with it. Strongly advise buyers that you give no guarantee that it will be fixable. As far as price I've seen ones bricked and with broken screens selling for alittle over 100.And also make sure the esn is still good. Because its one thing to sell something that someone could fix and another to sell something not worth fixing because it wont be usable on Verizon.

OP
AnthOhKnee

AnthOhKnee

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the ESN is still good, I guess ill just try to get it running again, who can help?

OP
AnthOhKnee

AnthOhKnee

Reaction score
well looks like its alllllll over, finally got a text from verizon saying I need to turn my phone in to avoid full retail price.

Last edited by a moderator:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
well looks like its alllllll over, finally got a text from verizon saying I need to turn my phone in to avoid full retail price.

First, watch the language we have a family friendly forum. I've fixed your post. And yes, of course you have to turn it into Verizon. Did you think this was going to be a windfall?