Broken display, USB in charge only mode, no microSD, need pics...UGH

STPLRMVR

Reaction score
Hi, everyone!

I have a pretty dire situation on my hands --as far as cell phones go-- and I know you guys can help.

I dropped my phone this morning and the display cracked leaving it unusable. I can't read the screen. There is no hepatic feedback when I try to slide the unlock widget or on anything else for that matter. So, I'm pretty sure I can't affect anything on the phone via the touchscreen. I have insurance on the phone so replacing it will be easy enough. The problems start compounding with the fact that there is no microSD card in the phone and I have family vacation pictures on the phone (I removed the SD card to temporarily transfer some other files and never put it back in the phone.) Aaaannd finally, I know I changed the default USB setting to "charge only" making it impossible (as far as my technical knowlege will take me) to extract data from the phone itself.

So, I am wondering if there is any way at all to somehow get my phone off of the charge only mode besides using the phone itself. I am willing to try anything.

Thanks for your help in advance, everyone.

Oh and HI I'm new to the forum.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Welcome to the forum... that's a heck of a situation...I would try a dock, that's the only thing I can think of...

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

OP
STPLRMVR

STPLRMVR

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum... that's a heck of a situation...I would try a dock, that's the only thing I can think of...

Thanks, glad to be here.

I've never used a dock. What might it do for me in this situation?

OP
STPLRMVR

STPLRMVR

Reaction score
Thanks, glad to be here.

I've never used a dock. What might it do for me in this situation?

So, I'm going to answer my own question with a follow up question for those of you who own the HD dock for RAZR...When you first dock your phone does it default to any particular screen or do you have to prompt the phone to enter "video mode" or "webtop" etc? I'm thinking with having to choose which mode you want to enter before it is displayed on an external monitor I'm out of luck.

Thoughts?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Idk.. I know that when you use we top, it will ask you for which mode you want.

I'm hoping that you will be able to touch the display and have it register...even though you can't see it..

As far as how it works on the dock.. idk. Sorry.. someone who knows for sure will come along. :D

lovemyram4x4

Reaction score
Lapdock & webtop adapter will go into webtop mode without any input on the razr's screen. HD dock will ask which mode if one isn't set as defualt, HD station might go into webtop if a USB mouse/keyboard & HDMI display is connected but will likely do the say as the HD dock.

Your best bet if you don't want/need a one of the things that will automatically put the phone into webtop mode is to go to a Verizon corporate store as they usually have a lapdock on display and use it to get your files.

1339708296469.jpg

OP
STPLRMVR

STPLRMVR

Reaction score
Lapdock & webtop adapter will go into webtop mode without any input on the razr's screen. HD dock will ask which mode if one isn't set as defualt, HD station might go into webtop if a USB mouse/keyboard & HDMI display is connected but will likely do the say as the HD dock.

Your best bet if you don't want/need a one of the things that will automatically put the phone into webtop mode is to go to a Verizon corporate store as they usually have a lapdock on display and use it to get your files.

I think the lapdock will be the next thing I try. I wasn't even aware the lapdock and webtop adapters existed as a product. Thank you!

hamenos

Reaction score
No need to spend money on a lapdock if you don't already have one. Same thing happened to me. A little confusing at first but I've found no better program than android screencast google it. It worked wonders for me