Broken digitizer help

sweat90lx

Reaction score
It's been a great week so far. Been on vacation this week, installed the ics leak, and had my daughter's birthday party today.
Then as I was pulling my phone out of my pocket I dropped it and this happened.
46c140b3-00fd-6807.jpg

Looks like a shattered windshield but thankfully it is still working. Need some advice on how to replace it and if digitizers are better than others.
Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Man that's tough. Unfortunately I don't have much advice other than good luck! But out of curiosity, how/on what did you drop it? Was this the first time you've dropped the phone?

Want to know what I should specifically avoid :p

OP
sweat90lx

sweat90lx

Reaction score
I have dropped it a few times and have a incipio case on it. I have no idea what was different this time. I was getting it out of my pocket and lost my grip on it.
I will be putting an otter box case and a screen protector when it is fixed.
Guess it was a freak accident as I have not found any other threads here of this happening.
I was under the carport when it happened, so it was on concrete

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The crystal structure of Corning glass makes them VERY fragile if hit at Just the correct spot but tough as nails otherwise.
http://www.cellphonetechnicians.com/cpt/
They are reasonably priced, do an excellent job and do mail ins

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post

OP
sweat90lx

sweat90lx

Reaction score
Well I finally got around to replacing the digitizer tonight. I ordered one from eBay with the tools included. It went pretty smooth for my first time replacing one.
I broke my sd card in the slot while putting it back together and had to pry it out. Everything works and I didn't lose anything. I thought I would be missing apps but I'm very happy I didn't. I'm curious why but I don't care right now. Hopefully my otterbox defender will be here tomorrow so this doesn't happen again. Lol

Sent from my repaired Rezound